When England used to be a white man's country

Discussion in 'The English Disease' started by Apocales, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +12,945 / 84 / -142
    Has any country ever changed so much in 60 years? Enchanting photos show what life was like when our Queen came to the throne

With all eyes on the Jubilee, these enchanting photographs give an insight into what life was like 60 years ago when our Queen came to the throne.
    Discovered in a photographic agency’s archives, they show a world which moved at an entirely different pace. As L. P. Hartley wrote: ‘The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there.’ So true.
    Crime levels were a tenth of today’s. There were only 2.5 million cars on the road, as opposed to 25 million now. Few homes had phones and only a tenth owned fridges. But storing food wasn’t a problem as rationing did not end until July 1954. Shopping was a daily trail around the butcher’s, the baker’s and the greengrocer’s.
    Televisions were rare — there was only one channel — but sales rocketed before June 1953, so the nation could tune into the Coronation.

[IMG]
    Your Hovis, madam: Like a scene from the nostalgic TV advert, a baker¿s boy delivers in a quiet Suffolk street. There¿s not a yellow line - or car - in sight
    [IMG]
    What¿s your tip for the big race? A woman chats to a kennel lad exercising half a dozen racing greyhounds in a quiet Worcestershire lane. Let¿s hope the dogs don¿t catch sight of a real live hare
    [IMG]
    Perfect fit: A Hereford farrier¿s young apprentice learns how to shoe a horse
    [IMG]
    Home on the range: The fire¿s glowing, the kettle¿s on - and baby¿s cot is in the warmest place in the house
    [IMG]
    Pedal power: A family go for a 1953 picnic in the Cotswolds by bicycle. A Thermos of tea for Mum and Dad and pop for the kids
    [IMG]
    Please, sir: Schoolboys chat with a master at King's College School, London
    [IMG]
    All by hand: Artists creating flags and banners for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II at Edgington's factory in Sidcup, London
    [IMG]
    The capital at a standstill: An aerial view of the Queen's coronation procession through London, with streets lined with well-wishers
    [IMG]
    Beating heart of London: Traffic and pedestrians bustle in Piccadilly Circus, which has only grown more hectic since
    [IMG]
    What's in that basket? Giraffes peer over a fence at a young zoo visitor
    [IMG]
    Crowd pleaser: A woman on a window seat reads to children listening intently in Billericay, Essex
    [IMG]
    Home brew: A woman holds up a tea cosy shaped like a miniature thatched cottage in Stratford-upon-Avon
    [IMG]
    Slower pace of life: Wives of bargemen rest and talk on decks of barges tied up in a canal in Warwickshire
    [IMG]
    Sign of the times: Children in London lean out of a window to hang a message for their newly crowned queen
    [IMG]
    Hear ye! Men in Hastings, East Sussex, compete in a town criers' contest
    [IMG]
    Time and tide: Boats stranded by low waters sit below a 15th-century lantern tower at Boston, Lincolnshire
    [IMG]
    Quaint: Morris dancers perform on a village street as spectators watch in Maidstone, Kent
    [IMG]
    Hideaway: Tourists in Nottinghamshire stand inside a decaying part of an ancient tree called Major Oak
    [IMG]
    Hello sailor: A young couple lingers to talk in municipal park in Hampshire
    more photos--
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Alison: 9,960 Points Aug 21, 2012
    Hawthorne Abendsen: 1,478 Points Oct 15, 2012
    Bluto: 44,837 Points Jan 29, 2015
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Big Chimpin' Big Chimpin' x 1
    • List
  2. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,480 / 33 / -102
    Good find.
    tricknologist: 671 Points Jul 3, 2012
    rust: 1,810 Points Jul 16, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Λευκός εθνικιστής Repatriate all nonwhites-NOW

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +979 / 12 / -22
    Not so today,I'll bet.Just like the USA,Niggers,Indians,Asians,Rag heads and hell knows what else, overrunning literally every part of our once white pristine countries.Still,very nice to see how it was,not so long ago.I'm old enough to say I witnessed it all; and it was far far different than today.White people need to wake up to the facts that we can not return to the past.That; nostalgia is wonderful,but that- if we don't act NOW,our collective futures will look more like Africa and India in the decades to come.These filthy foreign nonwhite creatures are here to stay; and won't go away-voluntarily,and somewhere,somehow white people of America, and all of Europe, need to begin repatriation damn soon-by any means necessary.
    tricknologist: 671 Points Jul 3, 2012
    rust: 1,810 Points Jul 16, 2012
    VisCOP: 3,792 Points Jul 30, 2012
  4. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,480 / 33 / -102
    This thread should be stickied. Excellent pictures and a place to post more pictures and related material regarding a time when England was White.
    rust: 6,382 Points (well played) Jul 31, 2012
    Macrobius: 3,330 Points (Second.) Oct 14, 2012
  5. MrMarbles wilde beast which bites on demand

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +175 / 25 / -159
    WOW Impressive, some could pass even for Hitler Jugend Pics
  6. Aces High Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,937 / 63 / -189
    Scrolling down those pics i wasw ondering why it isnt pissing down in any of them....as it usually is in England...then i got to the aerial shot of admiralty arch and there it was......wet roads and drizzle.
    Excellent find.
    SouthernStar: 10,419 Points Nov 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,480 / 33 / -102
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Hawthorne Abendsen: 1,478 Points Oct 15, 2012
    RougeMuse: 4,008 Points Aug 10, 2014
    Bluto: 44,837 Points Jan 29, 2015
  8. fips Terroriste

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +128 / 0 / -3
    There ARE rather more flush toilets and better teeth than there were 60 years ago. Worse bread too, but better entrees and salads.
    VisCOP: 3,581 Points Oct 15, 2012
  9. goosey Gach madadh air a’ mhadadh choimheach

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +367 / 147 / -440
    It's sad. I hope one day they will have the courage or circumstances to preserve part of it.
  10. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +12,945 / 84 / -142
    [IMG]
    It's up to them if they want to see these stats come true.
  11. Drawing-live Where's chaos there's life

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +699 / 477 / -1,160
    I was talking to some older English folks tonight and they completely opened up to me how their country has totally been lost.
    They were impressed with my inside knowledge of their situation there (learning from these forums discussions mostly) and they just started talking in a sad tone actually.

I told them i lived in England in 95, when it was full of English people. And they started from there..

Which is true, I lived there 95-96
  12. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,480 / 33 / -102
    Moast people wouldn't understand just how shitty the entire UK has become, until you have actually lived there. It's easy to play the tourist and think the UK is great, just because it's something different than the said persons hometown. The Country is nice, it's just the shit that's in it.
    rasputin: 8,695 Points Sep 14, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List