Kratom Update

Discussion in 'The Opium Den' started by il ragno, Jul 25, 2014.

1. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    I know, I know....I'm as sick of talking about this shit as anybody, but I figured I'd wrap my end of it up and then take a blessed Talk About Kratom sabbatical.

By the way I still dunno how you prounounce it. Krattum? Crate 'em? I prefer to pronounce it the way a boolie in a grass skirt might invoke the name of the volcano his tribe worships - Kray-Tom, with the slight beat between syllables.

After some sampling and experimenting, it appears that I'm a green-vein man, and that my sweet spot in right about half-a-tablespoon (what I'd presume is somewhere between 3½ & 4½ grams). Also discovered that kratom is not dose-dependent so much as it user dependent, which is both interesting and worrisome. For instance, a lot of people dose up with a cup of coffee, whereas I found caffeine to turn the whole buzz uncomfortably speedy. Fruit juice is likewise tricky....apple juice is okay, but the more acidic juices - especially pineapple - result in a head with a nasty, near-nauseous bottom right from the outset. On the other hand, the ideal mixer, hands down, is one of those Korean aloe vera drinks, with the chunks of aloe vera visibly floating in it - cut with a little spring water in a 60/40 mix.

But all of this sort of 'information' is ultimately useless, as is everything else in this post, because ten people could try these strains of leaf listed below - and/or the mixers mentioned above - and have ten wildly differing reactions.

One other discovery I made: you crash on kratom, and it's not some gentle blissful descent yada yada yada.....it's your standard crash with a slight chemical edge and the unpleasantness reminds you, the sales brochure of blissed out leafheads notwithstanding, this is a drug; you're on drugs. See? And this is how it feels when the drugs wear off.

Anyhow, here's what I tried and what I think:

Jungle Red Vein (Indo), Nomad: edgy and unpleasant at low doses; gritty/hairy and unpleasant at high doses. Gonna wait another ten days to give 'er one more shot before chucking, hope I didn't have her dialed in the first two times. Naturally this is the one I bought the most of (130+ grams!)

Kali Kaya White Thai, MmmmSpec: Approached this cautiously, wary of pounding heart and restless leg, but turned out to be pretty nice: up, but with a calm kind of energy. Grade incomplete, though, because I made the grievous error of going out for my daily afternoon ride without checking or caring what the temps were, and I ended up riding 7 miles in a 100-plus-degree heat index, hyperventilating (and wanting badly to not be on kratom) the whole way. I'm going to assume that the brain-warping, baking-oven conditions did not give me an opportunity to judge the product fairly.

Tawa Tuo Green Indo, MmmmSpec: Nice. Mellow, waves of contentment, understated energy, general happy-to-be-alive glow. Pretty much why I tried this stuff in the first place.

Green Vein Indo, MmmmSpec free sample: Likewise: nice. The boost of energy isn't the grind-your-teeth sort and the euphoric properties nicely complement the subtle speediness of the head.

Red Vein Indo, MmmmSpec free sample: Have yet to try it. I don't care if it's unimpressive, so long as it's not unpleasant/uncomfortable liker the other red.

Frankly, though? Even the green-vein varieties, nice as they are, have that slightly unpleasant bottom to them that seems to be an unavoidable component of doing kratom. Any worries I might've had about picking up a habit are pretty much nonexistent because I can't see wanting to do this even three days in a row, never mind months at a clip. And the thought of returning to the kratom bag 2 and 3 times a day to maintain the high is something I won't be doing again any time soon, I assure you.

It probably looks like I started this post all enthusiastic, and then talked myself out of my own enthusiasm, but that's not it. Kratom is for real, it definitely works - it gets you high - it's just the kind of high I don't wanna do more than 2 or 3 times a week at the absolute most. Probably a good thing I never did a deal with the Indonesian, because that 900 grams would probably outlast me.

And now I am well and truly kratom'd out.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    MadScienceType: 19,607 Points (It's all for science. Nice lab report.) Jul 25, 2014
    tricknologist: 24,629 Points Jul 25, 2014
    Scrubpox: 27,965 Points Jul 30, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. fuz al-nufi Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +6,160 / 316 / -366
    a pure white dose will really jack u up - it`s good to use in small amounts to add to other kratoms, but too speedy to use by itself(unless u plan to climb a mountain that day).
  3. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    I know, I know.....I was getting all ready to write kratom off as a more-or-less disappointment, but I ended up ordering more (!), mainly because this source not only has very very good pricing, but the initial reviews at the Kratom Forum have been extremely positive (even the board administrator chimed in with two definitive thumbs up). 125-150 a key, under 9 bucks for a z, and three-ounce packages for 15-17 clams.....best non-Indonesian-guy prices I've seen so far.

Yeah, I'm a little underwhelmed with kratom (as little as I've done, always spaced out by taking a couple of days off, even my tolerance is steadily climbing) but I figured if I end up only doing this shit once or twice a week - which seems the way to go, tolerance-wise - I can pretty much keep a year's worth of it on hand for about 60 bucks, shipping included.....so why not?

So anybody out there getting ready to take the plunge/re-up without getting stuck with nosebleed pricing.....make a note of these guys.
    Fitz: 12,913 Points (noted.) Jul 30, 2014
    Blitzed: 1,786 Points (ditto.) Jul 30, 2014
  4. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +9,011 / 126 / -271
    Let me know how the new vendor works out. Mmmspeciosa is a little pricier than others, but they make up for it with their customer service and shipping time. The quality is also good and you always get free samples anyway. I tried a new guy because of the better price and paid for it by having to wait for the package longer than I would have liked.
  5. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    I placed the order around 10am today. Got an e-mail it had shipped an hour later, w/ tracking #. Just checked the tracking # and it's out and scheduled for delivery on Friday. At those prices I'm not sure there'd be free samples, but....we'll see.

Just did my third try of Nomad's red vein. (After ordering more kratom, of course -I swear I'd save a lot of money if I started doing these things in reverse order.) Once again - harsh, jittery, always close to (but never full-on) nauseous; even the few early moments of pleasant euphoria were edged with a hairy, claustrophobic discomfort..... I wrote off the first two times as being a noob, not having shit dialed in just yet, but three out of three dysphoric afternoons is all the patience I can afford.

Unless one of you wants a free QP of this shit in the mail, down the toilet it goes.
  6. tricknologist menace to sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,933 / 13 / -43
    :agree: I'm always up for that.
  7. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    Hit me up with a PM with the necessary info - here or there - and I'll try and have it en route by the weekend.
  8. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,395 / 37 / -88
    Nice write-ups, Rags.

I notice a huge difference in strains, and the more stimulating ones are definitely more euphoric. And no matter what kind, doses in the 5 gram range always bring the most euphoria for me. Taking more just makes me feel kinda shitty.

In related drug news, Vyvanse works great except for the sexual dysfunction. Oh, it works; it just takes FOREVER to finish. We're talking well over an hour, with both parties quite sore afterwards. I'm reasonably sure that it must be dudes who write all the pop songs where some chick tells us she wants to be fucked all night long. I have yet to meet more than one woman who actually wants to keep going past the 30 minute mark no matter how gentle it is, and I'm pretty sure it was just some sort of sick ego gratification for her.

I'm not sure what the fuck made a psychiatrist think it was a good idea to prescribe speed to an impulsive, hyperactive and violent man-child with an intolerably high sex drive, but damned if it doesn't calm me down a bit. Now if only the doc would decide that my aggression and powerful build means I could benefit from some testosterone supplementation...
  9. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +13,234 / 84 / -145
    If something makes you feel nauseous that's basically a good indication you took too much, Although you can't OD you can feel like shit. Always start lower before you head up higher, you can always "pinch" and add a gram every 30-45 minutes if you don't feel optimum. Also try to take kratom on an empty stomach - then if somehow you feel like shit eat something preferably yogurt and within 20 min that shit feeling goes away. These days I don't ever have this problem anymore.
  10. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    Yeah, well, one virtual guarantee that I will never develop a crippling kratom habit: the horrible, horrible taste. I disliked it immediately but in the weeks since have grown to TRULY loathe it. Not too many dope-fiends out there need to psych themselves up to get high, only to put it off for the next day, and even then come up with reasons not to do any just yet. That godawful shit taste is a reminder that, when they tell you kratom has been used safely for thousands of years....? The part they're leaving out is by grinning-idiot plantation coolies with three teeth in their heads, who have no word for 'shoes' in their yammering jungle-dink language.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    Package just arrived, btw. 3 oz Green Vein Borneo, 3oz. Red Vein Thai, 3 oz Maeng Da Borneo. In lieu of a free sample, each pkg was 3.5 oz.....not like I have a triple-beam scale to weeigh out this stuff, so I'll have to take their word for it.

And no I have no intention of doing any today, so you'll have to wait for a "burn report". But at least we now know the prices are for real and the shipping is fast.
  12. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,395 / 37 / -88
    You can get a capsule making kit for $20 off Amazon, you know. One 000 capsule holds about a gram.
  13. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    Nah. It's probably for the best that this stuff has (for me, at least) a natural inhibiting factor that prevents me from doing it more than 2-3 times a week. The last thing anyone in his fifties needs is a brand-new monkey on his back.

Trickno: pouring rain outside, bro - I'll have to get to the PO on Monday morning.
  14. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    By the way, it's now official: drugwise, we're all noobs 'n' nells compared to the #1 Loser in all North America, Ronnie James Oldfart:

Wow....oxys, nitrazepam, 30 mg of valium daily......no wonder you always end up settling for nigger or squaw pussy, Ronnie. But you really ought to let Chimpout in on your little secret - that you're not much younger than he is. What are you now, 50? 51? No, no, don't get me wrong - it's good to be Kane's cabana boy at any age, but especially at your advanced years. Anyhow, it's a good thing you're fucked up on pills all the time...the last thing you need to do is confront the void of ass-wiping nothingness that is your life w/o benefit of pharmacology.

And hey - speaking of Chimpout.....leave it to Breck to play the Voice of Reason.

Lord Haw Haw: 5,646 Points (Wouldn't worry aboot these tossers Rags. They're tards.) Aug 2, 2014
  15. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,395 / 37 / -88
    » Yakub Israel - 19-07-05:20 -- It's up there with haldol

:lol:
    Haldol is an antipsychotic that causes cognitive dysfunction because it is neurotoxic; it actually kills brain cells. I hear it raises prolactin levels sky high, so they sometimes give it to sex offenders because it makes a hard-on impossible.
  16. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,938 / 29 / -85
    Poor Daryl. Won't he ever find true love?
  17. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +9,011 / 126 / -271
    Ding ding.
  18. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,395 / 37 / -88
    Why? Who needs a hard-on when your idea of getting laid is breaking celibacy by playing with "sex toys" to make sure you're not gay.