Kombucha: Jew peddled scam fags believed could cure AIDS

Discussion in 'Dr. Mengele's Laboratory' started by Ozzy Bon Halen, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Ozzy Bon Halen LOLworthy Threadmonkey & Critic Of Texas Dentistry

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +9,634 / 16 / -26

https://food52.com/blog/20366-queer-history-of-kombucha

BODY WATCH : Magic Mushroom or menace : The kombucha 'tea' cult is growing ever stronger. But no one can prove the drink alleviates everything from asthma to AIDS. And some say it might even be harmful.
  2. LastChanceArmada Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +530 / 0 / -1
    I don't get kombucha. I've had it on a number of occasions, and some of the really exotically flavored ones don't even taste too bad, but overall it reminds me of the bad homebrew that everyone was trying to make after they got their first apartment in the year after they moved out of the dorms in college. The taste would be one thing, but the supposed "health benefits" of drinking what is essentially unalcoholic, fermented tea with perhaps some fruit infusions has to be negligible at best. To be honest, I'm surprised this is still even getting mass distribution at the likes of Whole Foods and the like. Someone must be drinking it, but I had thought it would quietly disappear along with the raw food mini-craze of 6-7 years ago and other dubious Southern California influenced health food fads.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Giada: 120,830 Points (It's sold at Costco, as well.) Aug 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Neil Pye Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,369 / 0 / -1
    I doubt it has any more health benefits than, oh say...apple cider vinegar. :hm:
  4. LastChanceArmada Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +530 / 0 / -1