Italian cannabis

Discussion in 'The Opium Den' started by Giada, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,840 / 100 / -16
    Italy could make it legal to grow your own weed

Several European countries, as well as a number of US states, have legalized marijuana in recent years, both for medical and recreational use.

Proponents of this approach argue that decades of international prohibition have manifestly failed to halt the worldwide spread of cannabis consumption.

In its latest annual report, Italy's Anti-Mafia Directorate criticized "the total failure of repressive action," to limit marijuana consumption.

The directorate said it supports relaxing existing laws in order to ease "the workload of the judiciary and free up resources for the security forces and judges in order to fight other crime".

While medical marijuana is legal in Italy, a string of other European nations including the Netherlands and Spain tolerate personal recreational use of the herb.

In the US, 23 states have legalized medical use, while four have decriminalized recreational consumption.

Italy divided
    The draft was submitted for debate by foreign ministry undersecretary Benedetto Della Vedova, a libertarian who has also fought for gay rights, with the support of 200 MPs and senators.

But Italy is sharply divided on the matter, with Prime Minister Matteo Renzi's government on the fence.

Renzi said in May that the hot-button issue was "not on the agenda" for his team.

Catholic lawmakers have already made it clear they intend to fight the bill to the bitter end, including drowning the text with amendments.

http://www.thelocal.it/20160725/italian-mps-to-start-debating-controversial-cannabis-law
  2. Georg Schoenerer Der Judenkenner

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,314 / 3 / -43
    I tried buying weed one time in Udine, three chavs at the stazione ferroviaria hooked me up with a junkie couple who took my 5k lire (dis wuz 36 yrs ago) an' told me to "wait" in this huge stone gallery (mebes a church or summat). I sat there for an hour or two an' lo 'n behold, instead of fuckin' off with my cash they show up to give me this little bag o' oregano!

Couple o' years later me an' a buddy raided a garden in Austria and crossed the eye-tie border with the bud layed out dryin' on the dashboard, fuckin' carabinieri didn't say shit.

Roma has some good hash from across the med--fuckin' nigger-dealer tried to close by tryin' to rip my ring right off my finger. Perfectly executed kick square to the balls fo' dat nigger.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Johnson: 125,785 Points Jul 27, 2016
    Medium Dave: 2,490 Points ("Perfectly executed kick square to the balls fo' dat nigger.") Jul 27, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Show me your tits Show me your tits x 1
    • List
  3. Georg Schoenerer Der Judenkenner

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,314 / 3 / -43
    Evidently confident that its borders are secure, the Italian army has undertaken a new enterprise. At a highly secure lab in Florence, the military has planted its very own cannabis farm, all in an effort to curtail the high cost of medical marijuana.

The growing operation is underway in a bunker tucked away in a pharmaceutical plant in Florence, right next door to in-house drying and packing facilities. This secure facility is precisely why the army was put in charge of the farming.

For some, the lonely indoor farm is a sad reduction from an Italian countryside once covered in cannabis fields. Until the 1960s, the northeastern region near Venice had grown the crop for centuries to craft paper, cloth, and rope. Only one outdoor operation remains in Italy, and that farm is used exclusively for research purposes.

Italian Senator Carlo Giovanardi emphasized that he wants to make sure that "curing sick people does not become an excuse to expand the use of the substance," according to Reuters. He added that complete legalization could lead to a "society of zombies."

Or an army of zombies, perhaps, if the soldiers guarding that facility get bored in the middle of the night.

[IMG]
  4. Johnson full testicled gentleman

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +13,973 / 195 / -306
    "Medical" marijuana is the greatest pseudo-scientific scam since chiropracty. All homeopaths should be jailed or hanged.
    john z. whitey: 25,951 Points (seriously huge chimpiN) Jul 28, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Big Chimpin' Big Chimpin' x 1
    • List
  5. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,840 / 100 / -16
    @john z. whitey which part of @Johnson do you disagree with?
    I don't have a problem with medical pot, it's better than being addicted to opioids, for pain management/cancer/what not.
    IMO, homeopaths/herbalists are a scam and cause more medical problems than solve them.
    I align chiropractic care like getting massage, feels good, but there's no scientific proof it solves/alleviates medical problems. A relative of mine is physical therapist and goes into a tirade about chiropractor care and how the consider themselves "doctors".
    Georg Schoenerer: 2,302 Points (Grass alleviates pain?) Jul 29, 2016
  6. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,840 / 100 / -16
    @Georg Schoenerer: 2,302 Points (Grass alleviates pain?)

I don't have first hand experience in it, but I have several American friends who have/had medical pot cards for pain management for cancer and back pain. I just did a quick search, typical hypocritical American government: https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/marijuana-medicine

Points to Remember

• The term medical marijuana refers to treating a disease or symptom with the whole unprocessed marijuana plant or its basic extracts.
    • The FDA has not recognized or approved the marijuana plant as medicine.
    • However, scientific study of the chemicals in marijuana called cannabinoids has led to two FDA-approved medications in pill form.
    • Cannabinoids are chemicals related to delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), marijuana’s main mind-altering ingredient.
    • The body also produces its own cannabinoid chemicals.
    • Currently, the two main cannabinoids from the marijuana plant that are of interest for medical treatment are THC and cannabidiol (CBD).
    • Scientists are conducting preclinical and clinical trials with marijuana and its extracts to treat numerous diseases and conditions.
    • Two FDA-approved marijuana drugs are dronabinol and nabilone, both used to treat nausea and boost appetite.
  7. john z. whitey Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,250 / 61 / -137

I like getting my neck cranked on occasion. It usually relieves my headache, shoulder and hand pain until I get out of whack again. Pot does not mask pain. It only puts you in a frame of mind to where you can better deal with the pain. Pot is good. Long live pot. booze and pills are baaaaaad.
  8. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,840 / 100 / -16

Fair enough. :agree:

@Johnson, why are you so anti-pot?
    john z. whitey: 26,074 Points Jul 29, 2016
  9. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,729 / 35 / -81
    Johnson is just being realistic, and JZW's assessment of pot's pain-killing abilities is dead on. As an occasional pot smoker who has chronic pain from a lifetime of accumulated injuries, I'll tell you first hand that smoking grass does fuck all to actually dull physical pain. If anything, it aggravates the tension headaches and neck stiffness I get from some disc problems in C3/C4. However, it does an awful lot to make me less of a cranky motherfucker, and generally improves my outlook on life.

It doesn't do anything medically beneficial for 90% of the "medical" marijuana users, and the only people who get any legitimate clinical help from smoking are people who use it to relieve nausea and stimulate appetite. It's certainly not a dangerous drug, but most of these assholes just want an excuse to get high all the time,
  10. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,351 / 121 / -267
    From my own personal subjective experience, marijuana has always made me more sensitive to physical pain, strain, stress, and so on. But since there are so many different strands of marijuana now, and I'm so far behind the curve in my overall experience with them, I've kept my mind open to the possibility that some marijuana could have pain-killing properties. That being said, I really can't see how it could ever be possible for any type of marijuana to serve as an equivalent to or suitable replacement for a strong opioid. Like Mandalore said, that sort of claim has got to be bullshit.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. fuz al-nufi Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,271 / 244 / -301
    some strains do have pain-killing properties but the effect definitely isn't anywhere on the level of opiates.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Gay Post Gay Post x 1
    • List