Is it unsuitable for men to wear shorts?

Discussion in 'The Man Cave' started by Giada, Aug 22, 2017.

?

Is it unsuitable for men to wear shorts?

Yes, it's unsuitable at all times for men to wear shorts. 4 vote(s) 36.4%
No. Warm weather, sports/swiming, or sleeping, shorts are permitted. 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Johnson 4 vote(s) 36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,638 / 113 / -36
  2. fuz al-nufi Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +6,160 / 316 / -366
    the only time shorts r suitable is if ur swimming.
  3. The Bobster Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,200 / 2 / -11
    You're supposed to wear a swim suit for swimming. Otherwise, your junk could crawl out.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Giada: 120,571 Points (lol..forgot about the mesh netting inside men's swimsuits.) Aug 22, 2017
  4. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,271 / 28 / -46
    Shorts are aceptable in warm regions, hotpants r definitely not aceptable
  5. fuz al-nufi Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +6,160 / 316 / -366
    grown men always look stupit in shorts. The older u r the dumber u look. makes u look like a giant toddler.

funny story i once almost got into fight sort of over a coworkers shorts. I was working oilfield at time and i lived in hotels and on the road. We worked in two man teams doing a specific type of pipeline inspection. Prtty easy job, 99% driving and 1% work. one night we happened to be in the same town as another team and we booked rooms at the same hotel and decided to get drunk together. Because thats wat we did everyday after work, go back to hotel and get drunk. Very heavy drinking work culture.

anyways on this particular night were all drinking and these guys r giving me a hardtime for being east coast. Which they always did and it was just in gud fun i didnt take it srsly ive lived in western canada half my life ive grown used to being called a stupit newfy(albertans all think theyre hot shit in champagne glass and canada wuld implode without them). The senior guy from the other team was this big motherfucker, like 6'5 250 pds(but more out of shape than inshape), mid-thirties, and he always wore these stupit whigger shorts and whigger clothes. He looked like a big grownup boy-idiot. And i was picking on him a bit, the whole night i was referring to him as 'bart simpson'. because thats wat he looked like, a bigger dumber irl version of bart simpson in his whigger tshirt and boardshorts that look like something a whigger ten yr old would wear.

anwyays were all hanging around shooting the shit and hes picking on me and i keep on referring to him as bart simpson. were all having a gud time nothign seems wrong and he walks rite up to me where im sitting across from him and he tells me that if i call him bart simpson one more time hes going to take me outside and 'kick my ass'. At first i thought he was kidding then quickly realized he was srs. He was trying to look tuff to his coworkers and thought i was a pushover. I was about ready to get up right then and there and beat him literally to death with a steel lamp that was next to me. I told him we didnt have to go outside i wuld fight him rite in this room rite now. I was so enraged that he thought he culd just threaten me and look like a tuff guy i was ready to kill him and i was so drunk i may of. He got visibly uncomfortable(as did the other two guys) and he backed down. For the rest of the nite i called him bart fucking simpson just hoping he would fight me but he didnt.

it was my last trip i got fired a week later. They conspired to get rid of me. which was rlly a huge relief because i was getting so sick and tired of spending every waking moment of almost every day of the week with my alcohol fetal syndrome semi-retarded senior technician. Theres only so much hockey and car and pussy talk i can handle before i want to put a bullet in my head.
    Bluto: 227,970 Points (Stickniggers, Canadian-style.) Aug 22, 2017
    Yakoff Jizzrael: 987 Points Aug 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Bluto Drunken lout

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +17,509 / 67 / -168
    Short-pants is haram
    Giada: 120,799 Points (Agreed.) Aug 22, 2017
    Yakoff Jizzrael: 1,084 Points Aug 23, 2017
  7. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,638 / 113 / -36
    lol....I only agreed b/c you're so passionate about this topic.
  8. Sam Crow Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,172 / 7 / -23
    fuz al-nufi: 96,398 Points Aug 22, 2017
    Bluto: 228,091 Points Aug 23, 2017
    Yakoff Jizzrael: 1,084 Points Aug 23, 2017
  9. Georg Schoenerer Der Judenkenner

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,772 / 3 / -43
    For me, wearing lederhosen preserves muh kultur and is part of muh alpine lifestyle.

[IMG]

I've got some Meindls, like in the center above, and I've got a pair of 3rd generation Gamsbock kurze (short version) that'd set you back 500 Euros today, sewn exclusively from the hide of one of these critters:

[IMG]

I don't wear 'em around town unless it's Oktoberfest, I wear them in the mountains and in Europe at parties or festivals.

I wear a lot of different technical shorts for various warm weather activities, purely for function.

I'll wear khaki shorts around the house on wknds, but don't like going out in them unless it's really hot. Used to wear the board/cargo things in kwallege, but at that time I'd also ski in cut-off jeans or wear the rugger shorts off the pitch.

I agree there's nowt worse than a fat-fuck shitlib in slobbish shorts and sandals out of season topped with a greasy t-shirt proclaiming some shit or other. (pet peeve is shirts with words on 'em)
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,395 / 37 / -88
    Only sedentary people can tolerate long pants all the time. And I suppose its also easier to do in the kind of place where moose dig through the snow on your front lawn for edible roots in early July.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,584 / 35 / -103
    I wear boxers around the house..pant everywhere else. Shorts should be strictly for pleasure boating.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +13,234 / 84 / -145
    I prefer the look of pants but try working out in something like jean pants for over an hour -- folliculitis!
  13. Sam Crow Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,172 / 7 / -23
    I wear shorts when it is hot as hell, always have and always will.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,395 / 37 / -88
    Is that what that is? Those tiny little red pimples you get from working in the summer heat in a pair of Wranglers?

I've also gotten jock itch from work/fitness because long pants don't give your boys any ventilation. I remember digging footings in August wearing jeans and feeling my briefs ride up until there was a layer of soggy cotton between my leg and my sack, and it just kept happening. My pants were soaked with sweat. By lunch break, it felt like someone was running a belt sander against the inside of my thighs. The redness and irritation didn't go away for over a week, so I finally went to the doctor thinking I had some kind of STD, but he just laughed and told me to buy athlete's foot spray. You cannot imagine how bad that stuff burns on raw skin.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Bluto Drunken lout

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +17,509 / 67 / -168
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Sam Crow: 13,508 Points Aug 23, 2017
    Georg Schoenerer: 31,523 Points (schuhplattlin') Aug 23, 2017
  16. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,638 / 113 / -36
    Body builders typically shave/wax/laser their entire bodies to show off muscle definition, while also avoiding rug burn.
    I know more about that topic than I should.

I joined a new gym and at this gym I see a lot of guys working out in their work clothes with name tags.
    Pants/long sleeved shirts, there's a locker room so don't know why they don't take 5 minutes to change.
    The pant guys also follow their work out routines on their phones.
    It's an oddity to say the least.
    It's a 24 hour gym, like my old one, they could just come after work.
  17. Yakoff Jizzrael Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +73 / 6 / -10
    There was a time (back in the healthier good ol' days) when things like shorts and sandals were only worn to the beach or for playing sports. I used to wear shorts when I was a teenager, but I actually came to realize that it does look silly on grown men. Actually, in a perfect society, nobody would be wearing shorts. Wearing more clothes just seems more dignified for some reason.

Yea, that's a bit odd except the following of workout routines on your phone part. I'm guilty of that because I still sometimes forget a few exercises, so I have a few pics and vids on my phone to help me make sure i don't miss one.
    fuz al-nufi: 96,519 Points Aug 23, 2017
    VisKnut: 35,153 Points Aug 23, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,395 / 37 / -88
    Long pants in the gym are a sure sign that someone is a douchebag just doing vanity lifting. I love strength training, but actual bodybuilding is pretty fucking gay, imho. I'm not saying they're all really fags or anything like that, but its emotionally unhealthy for a man to mostly neglect physical performance in favor of focusing entirely on appearance. That being said, I'm thinking about giving up booze for a couple months to run a short dimethazine cycle.
  19. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,638 / 113 / -36
    I have male and female friends that are body builders.
    They don't compete year round nor are they gay.
    I look at it as a sport.
    Are my body builder friends emotionally unhealthy, I don't think so.
    They do get annoying when they're training to compete, though.
  20. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,638 / 113 / -36
    Ugh.

Since Fitz made his stand on shorts, I've been subconsciously paying attention if men are wearing shorts or pants in public.

Right now, it's about 50/50, no difference in age or ethnicity.
    It's in the high 80's, low 90f.