Hunting and fishing trips

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by SouthernStar, Jan 12, 2013.

1. SouthernStar Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,074 / 83 / -120
    I know guys who go off for a couple of weeks at a time on these trips, especially hunting ones. I've heard some interesting stories about these trips, and would like to hear yours.

How long do you go for?
    What's the furtherest place you've been to?
    Have your wimminz accompanied you?
    What has been your biggest kill/catch and what did you do with it?
    How often do you go on these trips?
    Who do you usually go with?
    What weapons do you use?
    Do you get drunk and disorderly?
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Angroid: 2,702 Points Jan 13, 2013
  2. Λευκός εθνικιστής Repatriate all nonwhites-NOW

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +979 / 12 / -22
    I use to love hunting season;not because I hunted,but because of all the "huntings widows",which kept me busier than a one legged man in a ass kicking contest.Doubt these are the "stories" your looking for.
    Prima Morte: 1,309 Points Jan 13, 2013
    Celt: 699 Points (You Fiend! lmirishassoff!!!) Jan 13, 2013
    Angroid: 2,702 Points (lol, may as well make the most of it) Jan 13, 2013
  3. SouthernStar Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,074 / 83 / -120
    You are such a whore!
    tricknologist: 5,786 Points Jan 12, 2013
    Prima Morte: 1,309 Points Jan 13, 2013
    Celt: 699 Points (Yep, BUT he took pride in his work!) Jan 13, 2013
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Show me your tits Show me your tits x 1
    • List
  4. Aces High Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,939 / 63 / -189
    When we moved back to the UK i got to be friendly with a man who had a sort of DIY sanctuary for injured hawks and falcons which he nursed back to health (if they had been hit by shotgun pellets or cars etc) and returned them to the wild. He didnt recieve any funding but the police and people in Kent used to know him and take birds of prey that they found to him.
    He financed the whole set up by breeding hawks and selling them to well to do arabs in the middle east and he made a small fortune.

Anyway i didnt used to go away for days on end but would spend a day or weekend on the prowl.

I started off with a kestrel which you cant really hunt with because it only feeds on small mice and lizards or small birds....but its a good bird to learn with and fly to a lure.

A had a peregrine falcon also but lost him.......its very hard to keep track of falcons because they go up and soar with the thermals and before you know it they are three counties away.

I have had Harris hawks and Goshawks and the last hawk i had was a Buzzard (the real name for a keeper of hawks isnt a falconer but an austringer) which is well suited to the English countryside and will streak along a hedgerow and pick off hares,rabbits and pheasants as well.
    I was out feeding her one day a couple of chicks (you can buy chicks frozen into blocks and thaw them out to feed your raptor when its not hunting)....anyway this woman walked by me with her dog and spooked the hawk who spread her wings in alarm (she was perched on a fencepost) and anyway wanted to know the ins and outs of falconing and so i talked to her a bit, but because she was asking stupid questions and then asked me how i slept at night engaging in bloodpsorts etc.....so basically i told her to sling her hook and fuck off.

The next morning i found my hawk in her aviary with her head pulled off.............................(if the woman in question ever reads these lines all i can say is pray you never bump into me.)

Anyway i have never had time really since but would like to start again one day.Ill probably get myself a Harris female.
    (female raptors are usually twice the size of males and twice as aggresive)

Apart from that i have no interest in hunting as in shooting etc, i liked the solitary aspect of falconry and silence and the fact that little has changed for hundreds of years.
    I posted a load of pics on skadi once of my hawks and me but cant be arsed to do it all again.
    Angroid: 2,702 Points (fascinating) Jan 13, 2013
    rust: 7,127 Points Jan 17, 2013
    Fitz: -9,791 Points Mar 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Λευκός εθνικιστής Repatriate all nonwhites-NOW

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +979 / 12 / -22
    Thanks,but regrettably, that was long ago.But,I'd gladly do it all over again in a second
  6. SouthernStar Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,074 / 83 / -120
    Aces, that was a great post.
  7. john z. whitey Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,283 / 61 / -137
    Hunting with a hawk is pretty damn white.
    SouthernStar: 5,010 Points Jan 13, 2013
    Fitz: -11,797 Points Jun 9, 2014
  8. SouthernStar Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,074 / 83 / -120
    :agree: I wonder how big it is.
    Λευκός εθνικιστής: 2,370 Points (that's what they all say) Jan 13, 2013
    • Show me your tits Show me your tits x 1
    • List
  9. Λευκός εθνικιστής Repatriate all nonwhites-NOW

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +979 / 12 / -22
    That's what Monica ask Bill
    [IMG]
  10. SouthernStar Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,074 / 83 / -120
    Actually, that's what Hillary still wonders.
    rasputin: 3,729 Points Jan 13, 2013
    tricknologist: 5,814 Points Jan 13, 2013
  11. Celt A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,849 / 18 / -27
    Actually that was a very great post, and I know what he means about this part in particular when the old bitch had a go at him over what he was doing.

"how i slept at night engaging in bloodpsorts etc"

By the by, after reading this part, "The next morning i found my hawk in her aviary with her head pulled off.............................(if the woman in question ever reads these lines all i can say is pray you never bump into me.)" IF I would ever be lucky enough to run across the old bitch you'd not have to worry about her aces.
    SouthernStar: 5,022 Points Jan 13, 2013
  12. Λευκός εθνικιστής Repatriate all nonwhites-NOW

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +979 / 12 / -22
    Hunting wild pigs was a very strange experience in West Texas.With a couple of dozen drunk cops and vets,standing in the back of pick up trucks shooting a wild javelina,that were running all around the trucks and in between the shooters,who all had a shot gun or pistol in one hand and a Coors in the other.We killed a few and tried to butcher them,but they stunk like skunks,so we toss the bunch and went back to the bar.How no one got shot is beyond me,as everyone was drunk as hell.

[IMG]

What turned out to be even more hazardous was fooling around with some hunters daughter.After having a really great old time together all night we fell asleep in her bedroom,only to awake with the sound of car doors slamming,as it was her father,mother and three brothers walking up the driveway carrying their shot guns-returning early from deer hunting.Daughter "could have been" slightly under age(still not sure),but I sure as hell wasn't.Grabbed my clothes,got half dressed in the garage;& luckily parked my car in the street,and made a quick get away as she kept the crew busy in the kitchen making breakfast.Here's the best past.When I got home,the phone was ringing and it was her mother inviting me for breakfast.No,I'm not "that" crazy,I declined-gracefully.
    SouthernStar: 5,028 Points Jan 13, 2013
    Celt: 767 Points (You FIEND! LOL) Jan 14, 2013
  13. SouthernStar Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,074 / 83 / -120
    You're Clint Eastwood, aren't you?
  14. Λευκός εθνικιστής Repatriate all nonwhites-NOW

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +979 / 12 / -22
    No,but I do often talk to empty chairs
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Sam Crow Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,105 / 7 / -23
    I had a pretty fun hunting trip this last weekend. I have a couple of elderly friends drive up to hunt does after the regular deer season is over. I harvested one whitetail doe Saturday morning. My nephew shot a doe about an hour before the sun set with a bow and arrow. One of the older fellows and I went to help him track the deer. We left our guns at the truck and each grabbed a beer and a flashlight. Right before dark a large sow about 20 yards away started grunting at us. We started backing away and then she charged our direction. Then from the other direction about 6 baby pigs came running through us. We were between her and her babies is what made her so mad. My nephew had jumped on top of a hog trap we had down there and that 72 year old man out ran me to the truck. It was pretty funny after all said and done. But my nephew and I had to search until 11:00 last night in the cold wind to find his deer.
    Celt: 767 Points (Sounds like fun. LOL) Jan 14, 2013
    Angroid: 3,071 Points Jan 19, 2013
  16. Celt A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,849 / 18 / -27
    I've hunted feral hogs before, but they didn't look like what you have pictured. As per fooling around w/the hunter's daughter. Don't know if the Father's were hunters, but I've fooled around w/a few gals that probably weren't of age when I was in my 20's while in college. 'Bout got caught one time by a Dad as he came home from work, and after that I was bit more discreet. LOL

Hunting the feral hogs was a lot of fun. One time a few of use who enjoyed making blades, spears, etc. hunted some w/said primitive weaponry, and that was a lot of fun too. It enabled me to see just how difficult, as well as dangerous, it was for people to hunt game/food animals before firearms were invented.
    SouthernStar: 5,299 Points Jan 19, 2013
  17. Sam Crow Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,105 / 7 / -23
    The hogs in that are javelinas which are different from feral hogs which are over running the state.

Here are a couple of feral hog pics from my area

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

This was the biggest on shot at my place, we were guessing 350 Lbs. Ol Bubba in the pic goes 250.
    [IMG]
    SouthernStar: 5,299 Points Jan 19, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  18. Prima Morte Saltine-American

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,850 / 2 / -6
    It's probably a lot smaller than Hillary's.
    SouthernStar: 5,299 Points (Lol) Jan 19, 2013
  19. Celt A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,849 / 18 / -27
    Those are some nasty looking things, and thanks for posting the pics. Makes a person wonder what we'll be over run by in the end? Feral hogs, feral niggers, feral wetbacks, etc.
  20. Celt A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,849 / 18 / -27
    Thankfully, I doubt any of us on here will ever be unfortunate enough to know. Ole Hilly's strap on she's used on Bill is probably pretty big though considering how afraid of her he always seemed to be.

Not to stray from the originator of this threads inquiries.

"How long do you go for?"
    A few days to a week at most was all I ever had the time, or inclination for.

"What's the furtherest place you've been to?"
    West Coast

"Have your wimminz accompanied you?"
    Once, but she wanted to do "girl things" (shopping, etc.) while we were on vacation. I let her do her thing, and I did mine. I didn't care for it because I thought she'd enjoy doing something "outdoorsish" with me. What she pulled was very disappointing. I never let on, but it was.

"What has been your biggest kill/catch and what did you do with it?"
    Elk, and I gave the meat to a Family who lived in the area.

"How often do you go on these trips?"
    Never went all that often just once in great while. Haven't had the time, or inclination to go on one for a number of years.

"Who do you usually go with?"
    Usually by myself. Always wanted to be accompanied by a female outdoors enthusiast, but never found one who wanted to go w/me.

"What weapons do you use?"
    Whatever suited my purpose. When it came to hunting with a rifle I often preferred a old Weatherby my Father gave me when I was young. I also enjoyed making use of some Mausers I have, and a customized .303 British Enfield. I really enjoy setting up a nice killing field for coyotes as well w/a old Thompson I received from Dad. Damn thing rises so much when I fire it I never get as many of them as I'd like, but it's still fun to use! LOL

"Do you get drunk and disorderly?"
    Never felt the need to busy enjoying the great outdoors. Besides, guns & alcohol do not mix. If I'm going to drink then I'm not going to hunt. Not worth killing myself, or some other poor soul over mixing booze w/guns, or anything else which could maim, or kill.
    Sam Crow: 1,880 Points Jan 19, 2013
    Prima Morte: 1,531 Points Jan 19, 2013