Hollywitz ticket sales down from 2016

Discussion in 'Tinseltown' started by Angroid, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,620 / 28 / -46
    Hollywood has Crashed! Worst Financial Time In Decades!
    By Scott Osborn on December 28, 2017 Politics

The Los Angeles Times has reported that that the number of movie tickets sold in North America is expected to hit 1.26 billion in 2017, which is well below 2016’s 1.31 billion.

In fact, it is the fewest amount of tickets sold in a year since 1995.
    What has happened to Hollywood? A number of things.

[IMG]

Actor Nick Searcy lays some of the blame on the fact that Left-wing Hollywood has not harbored the best attitude toward President Donald Trump in 2017.

Instead, many entertainment elites have unleashed their anger toward the chief executive on award shows, in press interviews and on social media.

“Justified” star Nick Searcy is one of those people who refused to join the ranks of blind-rage liberalism.

Leftists in Hollywood are “missing the point really badly,” according to Searcy,
    Of course, left wing idealism is only the beginning,

In October, Cory Feldman said that he had given the names of sexual predators in Hollywood to the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office. Since, then a plethora of those in Hollywood have been outed.

From pedophilia, to harassment, the Hollywood image has been tarnished greatly.

2017 has been one of the most scandal-filled years for Hollywood to date. Mega movie mogul Harvey Weinstein was accused of sexual misconduct and the claims spurred a slew of allegations against other top stars. Meanwhile, plenty of other scandals plagued Hollywood throughout the year as well, such as Johnny Depp’s alleged wild behavior and stars’ racy pics leaking online. Here are some of the top scandals from this year, in no particular order.

In the wake of the accusations, other Hollywood stars came under intense scrutiny for their alleged past behavior. Kevin Spacey, Matt Lauer, Danny Masterson, Ed Westwick, Dustin Hoffman, James Toback, Charlie Rose, Sylvester Stallone, Jeffery Tambor, George Takei, Steven Seagal, Oliver Stone, Louis C.K., Jeremy Piven and Brett Ratner were all accused of sexual misconduct. In some cases – like with Piven and Spacey – theses stars’ projects were shut down as a result of the allegations. Some stars, like Louis C.K., admitted to past misconduct, while others, like Weinstein, denied the claims.

Of course, some individuals have caused much damage all by themselves.

Kathy Griffin apologized for posting a decapitated rendition of the president. She has since retracted her apology and claims she was blacklisted in Hollywood since the polarizing picture was published. She has since resumed her tirade against Trump and has been routinely mocking the president in her stand-up routine, overseas. Her gigs here in the United States have vanished.

Then of course, Steve Harvey! Harvey wrote a scathing memo to his staff about how he wants to be treated while on set, and the details leaked in May. The talk show host told his employees in the note, “There will be no meetings in my dressing room. No stopping by or popping in. NO ONE… Do not open my dressing room door. IF YOU OPEN MY DOOR, EXPECT TO BE REMOVED… Do not approach me while I’m in the makeup chair unless I ask to speak with you directly. Either knock or use the doorbell.” Harvey admitted the memo was legitimate and eventually joked about in August saying, “I learned two things from that email. One, I can’t write. And two, I should never write.”

It looks like Harvey does not want to have any more issues.

No wonder Hollywood is doing better in China…

Grosses for US-made films were up significantly over 2016, but in ways that weren’t anticipated by most.

Unexpected turns included some unlikely hits, some surprise flops, rapid shifts in audience tastes, and perhaps most stunningly, the dominance of Chinese movies at the top of the box office charts.

All together, American-produced pictures grossed a combined $3.4 billion in Middle Kingdom multiplexes in 2017. That’s a hefty 25 percent increase over last year’s $2.7 billion, though it should be noted that this year’s figures were boosted by the new addition of ticketing fees into the gross numbers, a boost that accounts for about one-third of the year-to-year increase.

Hollywood and the NFL both went down a rabbit hole. A rabbit hole of trying to prove they were better at fixing social injustice as they are entertaining the fans. They both took their eye off the ball and they are both suffering greatly financially.

When will they learn? Insanity.

https://joeforamerica.com/2017/12/hollywood-crashed-worst-financial-time-decades/
  2. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,741 / 115 / -38
    It's been 5+ years since I've seen a movie in a theater.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Angroid: 113,199 Points (Don't pay money to jews) Dec 29, 2017
  3. The Bobster Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,520 / 2 / -17
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List