Heroin Addicts in New Jersey

Discussion in 'The Opium Den' started by Apocales, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +13,020 / 84 / -143
    This is happening across America in a similar scope (a little higher or lower percentage depending where you are). I have two buddies I recently ditched that got addicted to this stuff 2 years ago and they are still in and out of jail for drug charges since, basically they are fucked.

@Mandalore perhaps you can comment on some of the more authenticity of this?

Cherry Hill — Right now, somewhere in our Garden State, a 14-year-old is popping his very first first Oxycontin. And at this very instant, a teenage girl is trading sex for her next bag of heroin. And sadly, dozens of addicts – at the exact moment you’re reading this – will share dirty needles to inject their fix. It’s our heroin reality as a new dawn breaks on 2017. You can bet on it. That’s the sort of heroin-themed nitty-gritty that invokes judgment and revulsion among policy-makers who, like most of us, aren’t quite ready to look under the hood (so to speak) at the dark, icky side of our state’s voracious appetite for opiates like Oxycontin and heroin. Needles? Ewww, gross! Suburban teens selling their flesh for a fix? (GASP!) All that pearl-clutching going on? I get it. Let’s be real: how do you think they finance their addiction? And how many costly blood-borne diseases will spread while we dance around these details? With those delicate sensibilities in mind, let’s put our feelings aside and examine national-, state-, and local trends.
    New Jersey’s overdose nightmare hits a new peak,” blared a recent headline, a reaction to “skyrocketing” heroin overdose death rates in New Jersey. “New data from the New Jersey Medical Examiner’s Office shows there were 1,587 drug overdose deaths in 2015, up 21 percent from the year before,” wrote Stephen Stirling, NJ’s preeminent journalistic voice in this issue. “Heroin deaths also rose significantly, to 918, the highest level since accurate records have been kept in the Garden State.” Guess what? We’re posited to break, nay shatter, all these records in 2017. GovernorNonGrata New Jersey governor Chris Christie wants to make opiate addiction a legacy issue and I’m confident he’ll succeed. But for all the wrong reasons. Think about it: for all Christie’s talk about addiction being a disease, it’s actually more difficult to find rehab bed that it was when Chris Christie took office in 2010. “NJ’s addiction crisis has grown far worse on Christie’s watch,” read a recent NJ.com report. “He has not increased spending in the face of a surging addiction problem…NJ is investing less in treatment now than the day Christie took office.

Roughly 3 in 4 people in New Jersey who needed treatment for drug addiction in 2013 did not receive it.” So Chris Christie can attend candlelight vigils for corpses all he wants. Meanwhile, New Jersey residents are literally “dying for help:” “Barbara (a heroin addict) is lucky. She has one of a few thousand licensed short- or long-term inpatient substance abuse treatment beds in New Jersey. Put another way, she won the addicts’ lottery — scoring a chance to get clean in a state-licensed residential facility. In New Jersey, it’s a dream that’s never been further out of reach.” Likewise Gov. Christie’s slavish devotion to Narcan, the treatment to reverse an opiate overdose, is hardly a sign of progress. Rather it’s a benchmark of how far into this abyss we’ve already fallen. Because here’s another inconvenient truth bomb: by the time Narcan enters the picture, it’s already much too late as noted by Brian Everett in a recent Courier Post op-ed: “Our society should not even be here, We should not be celebrating that we’ve systemically let an addiction epidemic get so out of hand that we now require emergency responders, and teachers, to be equipped with an overdose antidote.” When it comes to heroin, an ounce of prevention is worth many tons of cure. Instead of the crass self-congratulations that come with our current (Narcan-as-BandAid) approach, how about we actually focus on expanding treatment-on-demand options for New Jersey addicts and their families. Narcam is NOT a sign of our progress, it’s proof of our failure. And for all his happy talk about compassion for addicts, Chris Christie track record suggests empty rhetoric is all he’s got. It’s just talk.

DoctorFeelgood
    We remain blind to the possibility that the root cause of this crisis is, in most cases, our physicians. Frankly when we conjure up the image of a heroin dealer, we often envision a thuggish homeboy somewhere in Camden’s ghetto. Meanwhile the real villain wears a crisp, white physician’s tunic while dispensing prescriptions from his chic office in the leafy suburbs. The failure of to NJ policy makers like Assemblyman Herb Conaway to acknowledge this connection is criminal. Not coincidentally, Conway is on the receiving end of BigPharma’s lavish generosity. Go figure. Having doctors – the gatekeepers – share the burden of curbing addiction before it takes root isn’t too much to ask of someone whose job is to do no harm. So for Conaway to do BigPharma’s bidding and not stand with addicts (and their families) is a tough pill to swallow. I understand deference shown because someone’s a medical doctor. But what happens when doctors are the problem? Spoiler alert: Doctors are the problem! This story doesn’t end here, obviously. And there are some hopeful signs on the horizon. And you can read all about when “WTF Heroin?! Part 2″ drops. Tomorrow. Same time, same channel.

source--

http://observer.com/2017/01/wtf-heroin-pt-1/
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,100 / 36 / -84
    Dope in Dirty Jersey is strong, cheap and plentiful. It would be surprising if Ocean County only had 200 fatal OD's last year given what I've seen.

I know 2 different guys getting very generous disability payments for mental health who have "maintenance therapy" provided tax free in the form of enough hydromorphone daily to kill any one of us in a single dose. Suppose that approach works from a progressive point of view, since nobody is going to knock off a gas station to buy heroin when they can get top notch pharmaceutical dope for free by sitting on the couch all day.

There's shitloads of poor little rich kids who started snorting roxies and eventually moved up to heroin to cope with the agonizing pain of asking for a Jaguar for your birthday and only receiving a Lexus. There's also plenty of average blue collar guys in their 30's-50's who have average blue collar lower backs. Eventually the doc and/or insurance jews cut off the vics and percs that keep them functioning at work and they wind up in niggertown one night learning that a bundle of dope costs less than your monthly co-pay... especially now with Obama Care.

Rehabs and mental health services often have extensive waiting lists. People regularly die from overdose and withdrawal from various drugs waiting for their intake appointment at a McClinic who books exponentially more people than they can handle because the grant money they receive is largely based on patient volume. Most of these places exclusively hire niggers and foreigners along with other undesirables. I can tell you this firsthand because I was offered work in the mental health industry for my "practical experience" being crazy and taking drugs. And no, that's not a joke or an exaggeration. Along with a dozen other people with no university degree or respectable resume, they gave me either $25 or $30/hr to have a cigarette break every 15 minutes and wash pills down with booze. Several of my coworkers were completely illiterate in both English and Spanish, and one was a nigger who literally couldn't spell her first name.

So yes; we have a plentiful supply of non-niggers using heroin for various reasons and a system that punishes the workforce and richly rewards the useless dregs of society. But my understanding is that its just par for the course these days and that most of the Western world functions in much the same way.
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Post of the Day Post of the Day x 1
    • List
  3. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,543 / 10 / -14
    Whining for expanded government involvement (money). There's that addiction which is a bigger problem in my opinion. Got a problem? Uncle Shmuley will pay for it. Heroin problem? Oh, the humanity.

Christie not caving to throwing money at it = GWM. If you got a heroin problem deal with it yourself or with what help is out there. Don't need to "socialize" the costs of your stupidity.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    EthanEdwards: 2,207 Points Jan 24, 2017
  4. 4PortHub Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +823 / 5 / -0
    See the last paragraph below. You might be onto something, Billy! How long before police offer heroin use classes?

http://komonews.com/news/local/two-people-found-unresponsive-in-car-on-aurora-one-dies

5. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,543 / 10 / -14
    Always gonna be junkies. Fine. Don't glamorize it (((Hymiewood))) Don't fund it from the Govt. teat with tax money. Don't ask me to care about a junkie's stupidity. We all make our own choices if you make a shitty choice don't ask me for a replay on my dime.

Sounds about right. Officer Friendly giving needle lessons at Martin Loofa Kang Elementary Skoo.
    Sam Crow: 9,282 Points Jan 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Post of the Day Post of the Day x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +7,803 / 28 / -46
    Throwing tons of taxpayer money at drug issues won't solve anything. This is just another "industry" to bleed the workers and taxpayers dry whilst the rich, the "health industry" and big pharma who run these supposed "rehab centers" make a killing. Not to mention the Gubbermint letter agencies who are bringing in much of this dope in order to finance their empires off the books.

Give addicts the choice:

- Drug parole on the farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere where they are locked in and cannot get access to drugs whilst they perform useful manual labour and contemplate their poor life choices
    - Offing themselves eventually in "the life"

The ones with the willpower and inner strength to save themselves may take such a generous opportunity to gain another life chance. Most probably won't, and most are probably going to fail anyway, no matter how they will be pampered in the usual "rehab" centers.
    VisKnut: 27,073 Points (Hot rigs for the junkies.) Jan 24, 2017
  7. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,299 / 110 / -30
    Only in Detroit. @313Chris (glad you got out)

2 adults arraigned in teen’s heroin overdose death

A man and a woman accused of providing a fatal dose of heroin to a 16-year-old Warren girl are facing the possibility of life in prison, the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office announced Thursday.

Prosecutor Eric Smith has charged Warren residents Leslie Metcalfe, 40, and Donald McCoy, 55, with identical counts of delivery of a controlled substance, causing death.
    They were arraigned Friday in Warren's 37th District Court, where they each received $1 million cash or surety bonds. The two are due back in court for hearings on Feb. 7 and Feb. 14.
    Authorities allege that on Jan. 6, Sierra Lawson, 16, asked neighbors Metcalfe and McCoy to buy heroin on her behalf, then overdosed and died after using the drug.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...charged-teens-heroin-overdose-death/97090504/