Flat earthism: The GOAT Psy-op?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Man Against Time, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,843 / 126 / -271
    When I pose this proposition, I do not intend it to reflect in any way the perceived or actual (none) veracity of the theory. Rather, I pose the contention to reflect the potential ultimate effect of the psyop. The next natural immediate question that one may wonder could then very well be how a theory-as-psyop could be effective irrespective of its veracity. Even if one accepts the propaganda utility premise underlying the "Great Lie" notion, complete bullshit that attacks conventional wisdom can't ever be deemed efficacious as it can't persuade anyone. That's why one of the maxims of disinformation psyops is to encase the relatively minimal poison pill of deception within a conceptual structure that is almost entirely composed of empirical facts and/or "truth." But this cannot be what makes FE the GOAT of Psyops as this facet is common to virtually all psyops. It's the other distinguishing facets that make flat earthism the ultimate psyop.

Of course, the only things assumed herein are that FE is not only a psyop, but that it's also directed at any and all alternative interpretation movements gaining traction over the Internet. It very well may not be, despite its appearance. But if it's not, it's in the best interests of any "truther" or "conspiracy theorist" movements to claim that it is, fast, for the reasons articulated below, and because it's the best way to take the wind out of its sails, as such would delegitimize FE in the eyes of its target audience (a growth market these days). It would be an apt employment of "information war" tactics developed by our intelligence agencies but in protection of the truth communities. This is not necessarily an "ends justify the means" argument as I think that most would consider it fair to attack a hoax with a hoax; it's similar in a way to inoculation. And hell, since folks make money off this hoax as well as other hoaxes all of the time, I'm sure one could even write up a bullshit tell-all about how they were employed as an intelligence asset for the purpose of disseminating the hoax with the added convenience that our intelligence agencies don't confirm nor deny the identities of assets and one can utilize the "classified" and "national security" excuses as shields as cover or concealment for any incongruities...

So onto why this is the GOAT in terms of potential efficacy. First, it is inherently durable and versatile, as despite existence of numerous crushing refutations and chat-radio-podcast debate outcomes, the malignancy continues to spread. Second, the range of the psyop in scope has to be far more vast in potential than any other of its kind, as it takes advantage of and effectively inverts the level of distrust that the American (and of other nations) citizenry, and essentially turns it against them. As a potential target it encompasses not only all Americans who are educationally impoverished per mainstream criteria, but also encompasses Americans in closed systems and thereby cut off from the mainstream sources of information through involvement with cult groups or otherwise. It even entices acceptance by cult, fringe, or other minority groups who are seeking for any and all alternative explanations to validate their Weltanschauungs or just the fact that the mainstream is "lying to you" and "everyone else is a brainwashed dupe."

More devastatingly, flat earthism is like a self-replicating endoparisitoid that hijacks the brain of the host and more, which leads me to believe the intelligence agent in question at least subconsciously came up with the flat earther psyop via synchronicity consequent to falling into a Wikipedia link chain black hole starting with brood parasites, after getting called a cuck by some geek in an InfoWars t-shirt, and all while the shitty new Aliens movie played in the background. This replication not only refers to the regurgitation of the theory among proudly "enlightened" retards but also to the fact that the theorists often cross-reference (and cross-attack) other disciplines by incorporating critiques (some well-reasoned, most not) of those paradigms as well as the conspiracy theories (meta-conspiracy theories?) to incorporate those critiques of all classical learning, purportedly evincing that we've been lied to about everything by everyone associated with the establishment for at least 500+ years.

This is the theory's most deadly aspect, as it not only increases the likelihood of infighting among all anti-establishment -ist movements themselves, allowing them to be torn apart from within, but also exponentially increases the amount of foes that these movements will have from without; the trait can be likened to a Trojan Horse, only filled with intercontinental ballistic missiles (which will probably not even be an anachronistic analogy by the time Fomenko-ites "properly" redate the Trojan War). Before the A-E -ists only had the potential to really offend folks with a personal investment in the narratives challenged by conspiracy theorists, whereas now it's potentially everyone with a college degree (just in case any liberal arts folks just shrugged in apathy at flat earthism since it's only relevant to 'science people'). Allow me to explain 'how I mean.'

When I first checked out FE-ism, mainly due to my inquisitive open mind (note: I do not have a science background except with electronics and IP), I checked out a debate involving a notable YT proponent of the theory recommended by an advocate on a different (gaming) forum. I had to stop after laughing out loud early on. One of the co-hosts started ranting about how most of history is "fake," "made up" mostly by the Vatican after "whitey stole" technology from Africans after "they burned down the library of Alexandria." Although the notable YT proponent in question himself did not make that remark, I could no longer consider him credible after he said "mmhmm" and allowed it to stand. Now you may understand why "flat erff" be popular among basketball players and rap artists of a certain variety of alleged homo-sapiens. I concluded they were all retards and stopped my search there for the moment before my next look. In the interregnum between these two looks I happened upon a JRE episode where Mr. Rogan made Mr. Bravo look like a complete retard over this issue (not difficult). On my YT feed later I noticed a video involving this same YT proponent and another individual concerning the "Lies of History," so I gave it a look giving him the benefit of the doubt. Early on he did say that "it was problems with history and chronology" that led him to flat earth in the first place.

Let me state right here that there are problems with chronology and proper dating inherent to the study of history as all professional historians with an academic background in history, especially premodern, or archaeology are well aware. This is largely due to, inter alia, the combination of two factors: changes in the widespread adoption of certain calendars (to Gregorian) over time along with any time "lost" due to cultural peculiarities with certain dating "conventions" or traditions, and the surprisingly quick rate at which manuscripts deteriorate physically even when they're not lost or destroyed, requiring the recurrent copying of originals that is virtually obligatory and is well known by all researchers who work in archives with primary source documentation. Consider that the residue of acid left on paper, caused by its manufacture, gradually destroys its cellulose fiber over time, turning it yellow, brittle, and flaky. At the Library of Congress, about 77,000 of its 13 million volumes become each year too fragile to use (slightly old stat - from Barzun and Graff's The Modern Researcher 2004 edition)-- and most of these at most are a couple hundred years old, not ancient. Meanwhile the number of imperiled books in the British Library is nearly two million, as are at least half a million at the Bibliotheque Nationale. No cheap solution exists, although deacidification is possible. That's with the best of Western technology, so imagine the peril faced by books and manuscripts faced by archives, libraries, and/or even monasteries in former times. Then you have the occasional destruction of books due to natural disasters or other hazards like with warfare, as occurred with the famed Library of Alexandria. Of course, the flat earthers claim that this was deliberately done for the express reason of falsifying history for someone's purpose, even though we know that this was a gradual process not related to one single event and historians haven't even been able to finger a single primary culprit.

Additionally, there are many notable problems with using dendochronology and radiocarbon dating, as Fomenko notes and exploits. Combine this with the well-known fact that the papacy once used its former powers to sometimes censor and destroy written works, and voila, the ultimate conspiracy theory. In any case, so I listened to "Jeranism's" anti-mainstream history discussion with a fella that purported to be an amateur historian of the Crusades and medieval times, although he seemed to mix up the First and Fourth Crusade, suggesting that during the First Crusade the crusaders were really aiming to attack Constantinople in direct response for their execution of Jesus Christ. Yep. The two hosts spoke highly of the works of Anatoly Fomenko, apparently a credentialed Russian topologist who wrote a series of works positing a New Chronology, attacking Scaligerian chronology with a tour de force that leaves no stone unturned whilst reinterpreting world history. I was intrigued by this guy, if nothing else said by the two co-hosts (I could write at least 30 pages ex tempore ridiculing their, well, ridiculous historical notions regarding the historical progression of scientific technology and the like but that would be a waste of time at present), so I checked him out.

Right off the bat, I learned that this guy determined that the real Jesus Christ is none other than . . . (dramatic pause) Alex . . . no, not Alexander the Great, but Adronikos I Comnenos! My first inclination was to of course burst out loud laughing, not necessarily because it was patently ridiculous, but because of the general idea of whom Jesus Christ was and the image presented by history's depiction (or what historians know) of Adronikos. Nonetheless, the idea had a certain attraction to it: wouldn't it be cool if it were true? Anyone who bothered to read Edward Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire in its unabridged entirety like a certain loser once upon a time will remember Adronikos, as he was one of the most interesting historical personages or Caesar emperors of either Roman Empire (or both, or one). If this were valid, then this would not only indisputably make Jesus Christ the most influential person in all of world history, but also one of the most cunning alpha male psychopaths in world history. I won't spoil it by retelling the story of Adronikos as it is well worth checking out yourself (plus, I'm getting tired of writing shit in this tl;dr WoT). However, "He" was a unique sort of romantic renegade who "reaped the whirlwind" of rectum-rage from all of the asses he reamed (or, in some cases, re-reamed) ultimately leading to his brutal regicide. In fact, aside from all of his skippy adventures, it's the rather barbaric way he was ripped to pieces by his people that was most notable, which I suppose suggests a sort of historical allegory to Jesus Christ's archetypal crucifixion (which was all really a hologram projected by the Archons in league with the demiurge to create another miracle associated with their holographic puppet Jesus so as to manipulate the masses in gradually succumbing to the dictates of a universal world religion established in his name so that the Archons could farm as much delicious loosh as possible from as many souls as possible for as long as possible . . . )

Anyway, while I'm not too far in the first book (first 150ish pages), I can already see numerous frivolous arguments that are recurrently recycled, leaving me with the impression that a perhaps underpaid topologist found a convenient exploit, or rather a crackpot theory, that he could sell to uneducated dolts outside of his main area of expertise so as to make more lewt. It's win-win for him, as even if he's ultimately reputed to be a total fucking quack for these works it presumably doesn't imperil his reputation with the hard sciences. Maybe.

One of these regurgitated shit arguments is that the presentation of certain classical-era figures in medieval attire in medieval artwork is a form of validation for the premise that these "classical" figures were actually around during medieval times. He also tends to propose that the mixing of certain historical figures in an allegedly anachronistic fashion in medieval works of art or architecture is not "medieval artists just mixed everyone up like it was a form of fantasy" but because these figures were all actually contemporaries. According to Fomenko, the Renaissance era is not the "rebirth" of the classical era, it is the classical era. Consistent with and according to this thesis, Raphael's masterpiece fresco "The School of Athens" depicts Zeno of Citium, Epicurus, Boethius (or Anaxamander), Averroes, Pythagoras, Alcibiades or Alexander the Great?, Antisthenes or Xenophon?, Hypatia, Aeschines, Parmenides, Socrates, Heraclitus, Plato, Aristotle, Diogenes of Sinope, Plotinus, Euclid or Archimedes, Strabo or Zoroaster, and Protogenes in a building in the shape of a Greek cross (or the advance view of St. Peter's Basilica) because they were all contemporaries and actually lived during the Renaissance period! While it's interesting to see that there is some disagreement among scholars on the identities of the who's who, Fomenko's notion(s) is utterly ludicrous.

I will undeniably continue to read Fomenko's book out of sheer curiosity, but already I can see that if it's not in fact a scam for cheese and genuinely reflects the authentic views of the author in question, then it's little more than historical reasoning by paranoid sperglordism. Literally. In it we see a very narrow, non-holistic view of acceptable evidence with little trust for the Western education tradition and the views of probably millions of ancestral scholars who preceded us and tacitly agreed with mainstream chronology. While one can undeniably detect flaws and anomalies with Scaligerian chronology, this can be implicitly expected as it constitutes an indefinite work in progress that is not completely perfect in all of its particulars. Historians have been aware of it and there's a tradition of scholarly critique. Hell, I even recognize the enormous array of problems with Egyptian chronology and even personally hold certain views consistent with some of the anti-mainstream narrative contentions exhibited by authors associated with "forbidden archaeology." There is undeniably a lack of precision regarding the supposed chronology (if any) of Biblical events. While these imperfections may truly trouble the average concrete OCD sperglord (or maybe not, as sperglords may have ditched Sonic the Hedgehog and Pikachu for Paradox Interactive's games for all I know), these issues do not provide a solid basis for completely revising our chronology based upon some of the positions of Fomenko which are, frankly, hi-fuckin'-larious.

Okay, I went slightly off-track there and will now bring it back. So as you can see, flat earthism is a dangerous contagion, or a volatile solvent just waiting to be lit by agent provocateurs. If left unchecked, it may become a liability and highly counter-productive to our people's pursuit of truth, as it will serve to discredit by association other anti-mainstream narratives that are well-researched, credible, and persuasive, and will likely serve to inhibit other potential truth seekers from looking into alternative avenues and turning away from the mainstream narrative. As I said, it's like a poison pill that can even discredit the well-researched and credible "conspiracy theorists" who may be persuasive in their particular area of expertise but who foolishly adopt flat earthism due to their general distrust, lack of time for independent research, scientific illiteracy, et cetera. As it multiplies in connection with other inane anti-mainstream narratives like Fomenko's "New Chronology" and surely others to come, it will generate more "aggro" to anti-mainstream sources from the majority and seed divisiveness within the embryotic community of "truthers" and "conspiracy theorists," ultimately making all look like a pack of crazies in the looney bin. Worse still, those invested in mainstream narratives in particular can sit back, light a cigar, relax, watch, and laugh at all of the ensuing chaos. Its erosive effects can only be dysgenic as it serves to attract more of the poorly educated and mildly retarded while repulsing the more intelligent and better educated. It will embolden the flakes who want to 'revise' the First Amendment to get rid of "fake news" and other things.

Albert Jay Nock has been totally vindicated. He knew that getting rid of the classical education curriculum and high education standards to make "education" more 'utilitarian' and 'accessible' to the mass man (or amassed imbeciles) would create enormous problems in the future and perhaps even endanger civilization. I'm reminded of my freshman year in college, when my reference to the general citation rule that one does not need to cite well-known historical facts or "common knowledge" prompted a chorus of shrieking from several 'well-adjusted' white female education majors about how this was "obnoxious" of me to "presume what was 'common knowledge.'" I tried to point out to them that the rule was not based on a subjective standard (i.e., what I deem "common knowledge"), but an objective standard, to no avail. They started yelping about how there is no "common knowledge" because dey teach dem inner-city kids and imagine if they wrote a paper for them to read - they couldn't "presume common knowledge" for them, so they would have to cite even the "commonly known" facts. I then indicated to them that although they don't presume that their inner-city students to have any common knowledge, for some reason they presume that their inner-city students read footnotes. The professor laughed out loud (which oddly enough proved fortunate for me as he remembered me thereafter because of this argument) which, as you can imagine, led to more shrieking about how I was prejudiced for insinuating that their students don't read footnotes, but they . . . You see where this is going, and despite my enjoyment the professor had to cut it off to start class. Imagine, these shriekers are probably 'teaching' kids in some city school right now, and only god knows what. In any case, even if I were right at that point in time - and I was, at least per the rule - then holy shit, the complete failure of the American education system and the expansion of the flat earth numbers ("jeranism" has 73,000 subscribers; commenters in a "debate" video featuring him roughly one year ago were shocked to see that he had 23k! at that time) has proven the gals to be right. There no longer is "common knowledge" (except maybe what's on Wikipedia), so if I ever do really write another paper on fascism I will have to cite "Hitler became the chancellor of Germany in 1933" with a parenthetical footnote referring to the myriad of books and newspaper clipping evincing this "fact." Imagine if I have to write that he died in 1945. Oh God. Nevermind.

This little misadventure with retardation has shown me that I probably need to consider taking a long time away from the Internet, as I did a few years back. I think exposure to other netizens is making me dumber, pulling me like gravity to the wit of the lowest common denominator. This "jeranism" retard literally has dumbasses paying him hundreds of dollars per live broadcast through Patreon while he shares his latest brain-farts. I really hope these are stupid Afrocentrists who hate "white history" sending him money, and if so I heartily approve. But I kind of doubt it and think billy boatrocker may be involved. Meanwhile I've just written a long shitpost about how flat earthism is like Easy E's strain of AIDS, but to the brain. I've also started to read the long ass tome of a guy who thinks Jesus was actually this mass murdering manwhore who in his old age not only banged 12 year olds and relatives but murdered children and became the emperor of the Byzantine Empire after taking Constantinople with Muslim mercenaries. While that would make a cool movie to watch on LSD it's totally effin stupid. I feel like I've just won the retard Olympics - please donate to my Patreon for a fund so that I can procure the services of a high-class hooker. I want to forget. With non-flat round spheroids in my face.

As for flat earthers, all I have to say is that my model is that all flat earthers are moronic, poorly educated, poorly read, historically and scientifically illiterate butt-chuggers. You can't debunk that. You can't.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    fuz al-nufi: 89,138 Points Jul 9, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,575 / 10 / -14
    You're 180 out. The globe earth is a Psy Op. It's only since 1543 that it's taken precedence. But the FE's still have only half of the truth. The Earth is flat but it's not some floating flat thing in space. The entire universe is connected by land. Once you exit at the south and north "poles" you continue on eventually to other realms. The Nazi's discovered this in the 1930's after Sir George Hubert Wilken's discovery of it in 1928. They control the exit. The globe stuff is a function of the construction of the human eyeball lense. Now you know the big secret. The biggest secret.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,843 / 126 / -271
    Oh my God, no. I wrote that sentence as a joke.

You've been bitten by the zombies. Who will put him out to pasture?

Before he starts saying that the Sun is actually a giant flashlight flown around by Draconian aliens in consideration to the NASA conspiracy for the free rein they receive from international governments to abduct and stick probes in the butts of contactees.
  4. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,575 / 10 / -14
    The circumstantial evidence is there. Tons of it. Just has to be sorted out. You're taking a lot on faith you've never seen the Earth from space in person. Who are you trusting ?

That the Earth is flat was the standard view of every religion and educated person until 500 years ago. (((What changed?)))
  5. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,189 / 36 / -84
    I choose to believe that Billy is just joking about things like that.
  6. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,575 / 10 / -14
    Question everything.
    Bluto: 221,585 Points Jul 12, 2017
  7. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,575 / 10 / -14
  8. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,575 / 10 / -14
  9. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,843 / 126 / -271
    What I've personally seen is not technically necessary as the fact that the Earth is a sphere can just be demonstrated by advanced mathematics and just common sense applied to world history in conjunction with an elementary understanding of how cartography and navigation evolved. As I said, the position completely represents poor individual education and scientific illiteracy. I realize that flat earthers surely reject concepts like the Mercator projection as "hoaxes" designed to further a conspiracy to falsify the flat earth into a ball, but come on, its validity was surely confirmed by the millions of ships who relied upon maps, atlases, longitude and latitude to successfully arrive at their port destinations. I can't lie, I do implicitly trust the cartography and planetary model of the same Western civilization that employed these models to create global military and trading empires that lasted hundreds of years. Flat earthers that the earth sits still and the stars just move around. If the earth itself doesn't rotate, then why could even early navigators like Columbus estimate latitudinal position via astronomical observation? I'm not even a science or math guru, and I honestly hated looking at the equations used by early navigators in their estimations of position, but for fuck's sake, how could Magellan and others do what they did in their historical epoch with an incorrect model of the Earth? It doesn't make sense. It doesn't pass the smell test. I can't trust flat earthers who not only seem to lack an understanding of astronomy and trigonometry but who also have a terrible understanding of world history.

billy boatrocker WUZ KANGS LOL
  10. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,843 / 126 / -271
    Well that video was at least reasonable and in accordance with navigation. Unfortunately, the average flat earther does not claim that the Earth is a flat disc, possibly because that would acknowledge that it's "round," and also because the average flat earther is too retarded to do so. But I do agree with the author of the video; if you support a flat earth theory than a flat disc is the best place to start. Unfortunately there are other bases to conclude that the Earth is not a "flat disc" but a sphere.
  11. billy_boatrocker Wartime Consigliere

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,575 / 10 / -14
    You think you're being reasonable and oh so dispassionate but that little crack says otherwise. You're actually incapable.

Maybe read the guidelines Apoc wrote for this particular forum?
  12. WFHermans Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +840 / 8 / -0
    Put water on a ball-shaped object like an orange and you will see the water fall off. If Earth is a ball, then why doesn't the water fall off?

Don't try to use mathematics or physics, they made them hard to understand just to keep the black people down.
    Mandalore: 81,546 Points (lulz) Jul 10, 2017
    Bluto: 221,585 Points (Clear as mudder's milk-) Jul 12, 2017
  13. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,843 / 126 / -271