Federal Kratom Ban... for real this time

Discussion in 'The Opium Den' started by Mandalore, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,855 / 35 / -82
    Both the plant and it's active chemicals will be added to the list of Schedule 1 narcotics this month, giving it the same legal status as heroin and crack cocaine. Fuck this country.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    fuz al-nufi: 50,133 Points Aug 30, 2016
    il ragno: 88,807 Points (I almost PM'd you about this yesterday when it dawned on me that you prolly already knew) Sep 1, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  2. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,043 / 107 / -27
    Stock up.

(I was kidding)
    Johnson: 132,322 Points Sep 1, 2016
    Bluto: 149,235 Points Dec 11, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Show me your tits Show me your tits x 1
    • List
  3. john z. whitey Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,274 / 61 / -137
    niggers don't use that shit. only whitey. they'd never ban jenkem. that'd be raycissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. I guess just do like a nigger and shit in a jar. Wait....wait....wait.....NOT YET! wait.......ok! start huffin.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Post of the Day Post of the Day x 1
    • List
  4. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +12,784 / 81 / -138
  5. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,089 / 29 / -84
    fuz al-nufi: 50,485 Points Sep 1, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,089 / 29 / -84
    DEA Argues That Public Comment Is Unnecessary Before Kratom Ban

People with substance dependence issues or chronic pain were dealt a blow yesterday when the DEA announced their intent to effectively ban the medicinal chemicals present in the plant, Mitragyna speciosa, or kratom.

Chuck Rosenberg, acting administrator of the DEA, claims the action “is necessary to avoid an imminent hazard to the public safety.” As an example of the risks of kratom, the DEA cites a CDC study published this summer that counted 660 poison control calls during a five-year period from 2010 to 2015 on behalf of people suffering untoward reactions to the herb or teas made from the plant material.

The relative magnitude of this “hazard to public safety” has been called into question by kratom users and commenters here at Forbes. To put kratom risks in perspective, poison control centers received 6,843 reports of young children ingesting single-load laundry pods in just the first seven months of 2016.

When I first wrote about kratom for another publication earlier this summer, I had assumed that it was primarily used for recreational purposes because it has mild, self-limiting effects on opioid receptors. To my surprise, more than three-quarters of reader comments at Forbes and on my Twitter and Facebook feeds are from people who’ve been using kratom to relieve chronic pain, clinical anxiety and depression, and in recovery from opioid and alcohol dependence.

I’m truly fascinated by these testimonials despite the effects not being quantified in a controlled clinical trial. Very recent work from researchers at Columbia University and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center have revealed that the alkaloids in kratom have modest but distinctive effects on opioid receptors by selectively activating beneficial pathways over those that cause the majority of opioid side effects. These test tube and animal studies require further confirmation in clinical studies.

But my reading of the DEA’s notice of intent, as published today in the Federal Register, reveals that these accounts and the recently published data were not among the considerations leading to the temporary placement of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine onto Schedule I of the U.S. Controlled Substances Act.

But since this ruling will not take effect for 30 days–September 30, 2016–one would think that the agency would implement a public and scientific comment period and field the concerns of those who were blindsided by the announcement.

Well, that’s probably not going to happen.

Near the end of the Federal Register publication is this section on regulatory matters:
    To the contrary, an objective examination of the 100+ comments I’ve received here at Forbes tells me that foregoing the notice and comment requirements is in direct opposition to the public interest. At the very least, it’s an imbalance between the alleged risks of kratom and the anecdotal benefits of the herb.

In fact, banning kratom may cause more damage that leaving it as-is, bought and used as a botanical tea.

In my next article, I’ll speak with kratom users and the academic scientists who are revealing how the bioactive compounds in kratom contrast from strong, highly addictive opioids.
    4PortHub: 9,281 Points (Whatever happened to the concept of government being servants of the public. /sarcasm) Sep 2, 2016
    • List
  7. Johnson demented lumberjack

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +14,289 / 199 / -310
    Obama is pardoning a record number of nigger crackheads while clamping down on suburban YT's botanical tea. The lame duck has gone full gorilla.
    Giada: 73,905 Points Sep 1, 2016
    fuz al-nufi: 50,620 Points Sep 2, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +12,784 / 81 / -138
    I guess they want more people to turn to Heroin and pain pills, Kratom doesn't put enough people in prisons just yet. Ibogaine has a 60% addiction cure rate, and it's banned here...
    Angroid: 60,930 Points Sep 2, 2016
    fuz al-nufi: 50,620 Points Sep 2, 2016
    • List
  9. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,855 / 35 / -82
    Realistically speaking, I'll probably start hitting the oxy once kratom is no longer an option, and dope is a hell of a lot cheaper and more plentiful than oxy around here. Then again, I remember all kinds of side effects to real opiates that I don't get from kratom, so maybe I should make other plans.

It really fucking pisses me off. A cup of relatively cheap herbal tea works for everything from depression and pathological anger to back pain and general aches without negative effects on health or lifestyle. It's damn sure not perfect, but it works better than any other drugs from the pharmacy or the street for keeping people with chronic pain and/or clinical insanity almost functional. And that's exactly why they want to take it away.

Notice that the active chemicals have also been specifically banned even though nobody is synthesizing them or making designer-drug variations on them. The DEA is giving the reach-around to the FDA, who is in turn auctioning off pharmaceutical rights to the highest bidder(s). Mitragynine and its relatives will soon be either synthesized or extracted and sold for prices that require top notch health coverage to afford, all the while Big Pharma chants, "our new natural formula developed with your safety in mind". Ironically enough, this will become a black market item once niggers realize there's a new pill that can get you high if you take 4 times the prescribed dosage, and street crimes will be committed over kratom for the first time in world history.
    fuz al-nufi: 50,485 Points Sep 2, 2016
    Georg Schoenerer: 4,893 Points Sep 2, 2016
    4PortHub: 9,281 Points (Tyranny by the lethal oligarchs.) Sep 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Post of the Day Post of the Day x 2
    • List
  10. Man Against Time Black Hole Melchizedek

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,444 / 121 / -270
    Well, there's still Phenibut.
  11. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,089 / 29 / -84
    I wouldn't bet the ranch on that much longer.
  12. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +7,690 / 28 / -45
    ^That jew :jew: obviously pimping for Big Pharma and the CIA black ops heroin trade.
    fuz al-nufi: 50,559 Points Sep 2, 2016
    rasputin: 49,909 Points (fucking kike(s)) Sep 2, 2016
  13. fuz al-nufi Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,439 / 255 / -308
    that likely is the reason. It's a miracle plant that is cheap and plentiful. BigZogSatanPharma isn't getting any profits from it tho' so more than likely this was a calculated move.

nothing beats kratom for pain relief except for maybe powerful opiates. It's also the best thing there is for mood/depression/anxiety. If more ppl knew about kratom there'd be absolutely no need for SSRIs or benzodiazipines.
    Angroid: 60,981 Points (Yup, prolly why they're bannings it) Sep 2, 2016
    • List
  14. Apocales 4:35a.m. just one more episode..

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +12,784 / 81 / -138
    For those who don't want to go back to the Zombie state they were stuck in, saw this at another kratom enthusiast forum for those looking essentially for alternatives in certain departments, maybe not AB rated but close enough:

Depression:
    Kava- stick with heady varieties like tongan and hawaiian kavas. Moodlift, focus, calming.

Kanna- ssri, stimulant, moodlifter

St Johns wort- ssri, calming, moodlifter

Catuaba-dopamine booster, focus

Mucuna- dopamine enhancer, stimulant, motivation

Rhodiola-Antidepressant effect, motivation, energy, focus. Some find the antidepressant effect strong enough to fully treat moderate depression by itself

Anxiety:
    Kava- godsend for anxiety, sleep aid, pain and muscle tension. Everyone here who hasnt tried it should give it a shot.

California poppy: a strong tincture does actually work for anxiety relatively well

Cats claw- see below.

phellodendron- relieves muscle tension, mild mood lift and antianxiety. Must be paired with other herbs to maximize effect.

Kanna- reduces anxiety for many, along eith st johns wort.

Pain:
    kava! See above. Go for "heavier" strains with strong muscle relaxation. A heady strain will also work to a lesser extent for daytime pain. There are many out there with pain problems that do use kava to treat, especially muscle related pain.

Lindera- helps with pain and has a mild opiating effect. Combine with black seed and turmeric. It only seems to work when doses are spaced out a couple of days. You need at least 10g of root tea to get benefits.

Coptis- pain relief, sedative, antianxiety. One of the ingredients in kodas healers relief formula

Turmeric- anti inflammatory, pair with black pepper.

Corydalis- this is my number 1 alternative for pain along with black seed oil. It contains mild opiate like compounds and mild sedatives. Related to the poppy family. May help with anxiety too. Try 10 grams for good pain relief if smaller amounts dont work.

Cats claw: contains opiate antagonist and many compoinds found in kratom. I recently made an extract if cats claw and it is very effective. Also has some anti addiction properties. May help with anxiety. The peruvian type may not work as well for pain but it provides a moodlift and anxiety relief for me when i have extract. Its kind of like the carefree feeling and body relaxation a good red can elicit, but without the motivation and less head effect

Black seed oil- please try this if you havent already, mixes great with other relieving herbs. The oil is most potent, and contains mild opiate like compounds. Also an effective taper aid. Get the oil off of amazon, its only about 16$ for a pint of cold pressed oil. This may also be good for sleep and anxiety (i can confirm it helps me sleep but isnt going to make you groggy.
    Johnson: -132,534 Points Sep 3, 2016
    fuz al-nufi: 50,620 Points Sep 3, 2016
    Angroid: 64,611 Points Dec 12, 2016
    • List
  15. WFHermans Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +683 / 6 / -0
    (((Chuck Rosenberg))), acting administrator of the DEA, claims the action “is necessary to avoid an imminent hazard to (((the public safety))).”

Every

fucking

time.
    fuz al-nufi: 50,695 Points Sep 3, 2016
    Angroid: 64,611 Points (Kikes is kikes, na naa na na na) Dec 12, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,089 / 29 / -84
    Speaking of phenibut, I finally got around to trying it - not for me, I'm afraid. Tried it for the first time two weeks ago - a half-gram, and another half-g about 4 hours later - felt mildly okay but also mildly dizzy/dysphoric, plus I could not fucking sleep for three-four days afterwards.

So I figured, no point chucking this out until I'm sure I don't like it, so I did another half-gram yesterday. Again, not much happening, and what there was goin' on was not to my taste particularly, plus I wasted a few hours waiting for some kind of sign, good or bad. Enough.

Fuggit - I don't mind the addiction horror stories, since I have no intention of doing this daily, but even mild withdrawal symptoms have gotta suck....so, since I don't like it to begin with, there's no point in me keeping this around. Usually Trickno's my go-to guy for sending fake drugs I don't like but already bought, but I don't see him around these days, so....anybody want this shit on the arm?

[IMG]

Here it is exactly, minus the protection-seal and apx 1.5 grams. If int'd, PM me with a legit mailing address, otherwise I'm tossing this in the trash tomw morning.
    Giada: 81,634 Points (could not fucking sleep for three-four days afterwards.***that would suck.) Dec 12, 2016
    • List
  17. fuz al-nufi Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,439 / 255 / -308
    prtty sur phenibut is just supposed to make u smarter. Its a 'nootropic', ppl use them to study and learn and shit.
  18. Bluto Drunken lout

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +15,943 / 64 / -166
    [IMG]
    Johnson: 146,341 Points Dec 11, 2016
    Giada: 81,780 Points Dec 15, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,855 / 35 / -82
    Nah, Fitz. Phenibut is a really shitty GABA receptor agonist. I kinda think it sucks ass, too. The first time I tried it, it was decent but I still could't get to sleep that night, which was the whole fucking reason I took it. I was in a better mood than usual the next day, though? The few times afterwards it hit me an awful lot like gabapentin or pregabalin, which somehow manages to make you stupider and still feel kinda edgy at the same time.

On the subject of calming things you can still order without fear of having your door kicked in by a SWAT team, there are still some research chemical benzos available. I tried etizolam a few times and it was pretty damn close to Xanax. Benzos don't give me any euphoria, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate their ability to stop the occasional sensations of having an elephant standing on my chest or some kind of little demon pounding on my temples from the inside with a claw hammer.
    • List