Father charged after girl, 12, is killed by police constable

Discussion in 'Porky's' started by fuz al-nufi, Jan 29, 2016.

1. fuz al-nufi Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,254 / 243 / -301
    Father charged after girl, 12, is killed by police constable

[IMG]
    By Faith Karimi and Greg Botelho, CNN
    Updated 11:17 AM ET, Fri January 29, 2016 | Video Source: WHTM

[IMG]

Story highlights

• Father aimed rifle at constable, who had gone to deliver eviction notice, police say
    • The constable fired a single shot, which hit the father in the arm, then killed his daughter
    (CNN)The father of a 12-year-old has been charged with homicide after the girl was accidentally shot to death by a police constable in Pennsylvania, authorities said.

Ciara Meyer was killed by a police constable who was serving eviction papers at their apartment in Perry County on January 11.

Constable Clark Steele's action was justified, and he did not face any charges in the shooting, authorities said.

Her father, Donald Meyer, 57, was charged with homicide and involuntary manslaughter Thursday, according to CNN affiliate WHP .

"Meyer's reckless conduct, knowing his daughter was standing behind him, triggered a chain of events that tragically led to the death of Ciara Meyer," District Attorney Andrew Bender told the affiliate.
    Eviction notice

During the incident this month, the constable was at Meyer's apartment to serve a valid eviction notice, authorities said.

The girl's father pointed a loaded rifle at Steele, and the constable fired a single shot, authorities said. The bullet traveled through Meyer's arm and struck Ciara, who was standing behind her father.

"They're responsible for the murder and shooting of my daughter and me, and now it's a big cover up," Meyer told the affiliate.

"They're charging me with a felony for protecting my family?"
    More charges

Meyer's latest charges of homicide and involuntary manslaughter add on to previous ones that included aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person, according to a Pennsylvania State Police report.

Meyer also faces a firearms charge, because under state law he was not allowed to have a gun because of past mental issues, authorities told the affiliate.
    'They knew who it was'

Donald Meyer knew the constable was coming, Pennsylvania State Trooper Robert Hicks told CNN affiliate WPMT. His family had received multiple notifications, with the last making it clear a constable was on the way with an eviction notice.

"When they heard the knock, they knew who it was," Hicks said.

When Steele arrived at 10 a.m. Monday, "the suspect opened the door to the residence and then shut it," according to the police report.

Meyer then reopened the door and, after "a brief exchange of words," leveled a rifle that had been concealed and aimed it at Steele.

"Constable Steele, who was in uniform, quickly removed his .40 caliber duty weapon from its holster and fired a single round," the police report said, noting that employees of the apartment complex witnessed the encounter.

That bullet "shattered the bone in (Meyer's) left arm," Hicks told CNN affiliate WHTM-TV, then went into the body of Ciara, who had stayed home sick from school.
    She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Pennsylvania constables are not police officers but elected officials. They may be tasked with certain aspects of law enforcement in the duty of the courts, according to the Pennsylvania court system.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,721 / 35 / -81
    I'm sorry for being so cynical, but those don't sound like the words of a man wracked with guilt and remorse over losing his child. It's a shame that cop's bullet didn't hit this asshole in the face instead.

It doesn't matter whose property it is or even whether the cops are right or wrong. If you are stupid enough to point a firearm at someone who is ready, willing and legally able to plug you, you really don't deserve life.
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    john z. whitey: 15,900 Points Feb 1, 2016
    Angroid: 43,984 Points (Total dumbass) Feb 2, 2016
    Bluto: 83,123 Points Feb 3, 2016
  3. SpoiledMissy Social Drinker

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +13 / 13 / -14

Constable showed restraint by only shooting once.
    313Chris: -33,518 Points Feb 1, 2016
    Mandalore: 32,073 Points Feb 1, 2016
  4. chloeblossoms Resident Negress

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +692 / 648 / -518
    Sad she lost her life for no reason.
    Bluto: -83,123 Points (Yer right. But Bluto gots to still gibs ya neg rep, Blackie.) Feb 3, 2016
  5. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,721 / 35 / -81
    Maybe cops wouldn't be so trigger happy if there weren't always niggers trying to kill them?
  6. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +7,584 / 27 / -45
    Like politics, cop job attracts a certain type of asshole. Niggers or no niggers, trigger happy'ing is one of the perks which makes them sign up.
    They're not all like that, but many are.
    313Chris: 33,606 Points Feb 2, 2016
    Mandalore: 32,558 Points (agreed) Feb 3, 2016
  7. chloeblossoms Resident Negress

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +692 / 648 / -518
    There isn't anything that isn't black people's fault.
    Bluto: -83,123 Points (Yer kind is yer own worst emenies.) Feb 3, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Show me your tits Show me your tits x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  8. Ozzy Bon Halen LOLworthy Threadmonkey & Critic Of Texas Dentistry

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,758 / 16 / -23
  9. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,721 / 35 / -81
    Riiiiiiiiiiight... It's my fault that your people carry contraband in stolen cars and then attack cops when you get caught.

I'll never forget the day my granddad sat me down and pushed a fat envelope towards me. "Mandalore", he said, "this here is your slave inheritance. We've beaten niggers for generations so no White man in our family ever has to feel the shame of getting his hands dirty. I'm trusting you to continue our legacy of oppression by using these funds to plant drugs and guns in the passenger seats of battered BMWs and to file fraudulent theft charges every chance you get. My greatest fear is that America will be overrun with philosophers, brain surgeons and engineers if you take your boot off the back of their necks for even a second".
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. chloeblossoms Resident Negress

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +692 / 648 / -518
    Angroid: 44,037 Points (Ur mistaken toots, those are not credible sources of info) Feb 3, 2016
    Bluto: -83,123 Points Feb 3, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  11. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,721 / 35 / -81
    I don't think you're really stupid enough to believe that. Besides, Missouri doesn't count as part of the Continental US.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. chloeblossoms Resident Negress

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +692 / 648 / -518
    Yeah why should I believe research when tried and tested stereotypes about black criminality endure?
    Bluto: -83,123 Points Feb 3, 2016
    • Big Chimpin' Big Chimpin' x 1
    • List
  13. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,721 / 35 / -81
    What research? You linked to 2 pathetic stories by unquestionably biased sources. It's no different than me offering "proof" of nigger criminality with a link to Stormfront.
  14. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +7,584 / 27 / -45
    Just looking at the URL's already confirmed that ur sources of information are bogus.
    Come on Chloe, ur smarter than beliebing any URL that has JewYorkTimes in it or contains words like "progress" and "justice". It practically screams shitliberal BS and Cultural Marxism.

Moar niggers get stopped because moar niggers r criminals. Those are the facts.

US jails are overflowing with nigger primates... uh.. I meant inmates. Niggers are as vastly over-represented (as a percentage of the US population) in the US penal system, as Jews :jew: are over-represented in US financial, legal gubbermint sectors.
  15. chloeblossoms Resident Negress

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +692 / 648 / -518
    I'm so convinced.
  16. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +7,584 / 27 / -45
    You're approaching the issue from the perspective of a white liberal (which you basically are).
    If you'd lived in the ghetto amongst real niggers and got to experiencing daily nigging you wouldn't be so sympathetic to their plight and protest their "innocence" so loudly.

One could make all kinds of arguments as to why the Afram has become such a blight on society but at least one significant part of the reason why is that they're being entitled and empowered by :jew: and white shitliberals who encourage and support the worst traits in nigger behaviour, thereby making things worse for everybody, even niggers.
    Mandalore: 32,705 Points Feb 3, 2016
  17. chloeblossoms Resident Negress

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +692 / 648 / -518
    Not liberal and obvi not white.
  18. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +7,584 / 27 / -45
    Then stop yapping like u is some :jew: or white libtard.

There's no defending niggers, shitliberals or white trash. Even niggers want to get away from other niggers. The first thing these "gangsta" rappers do when they have a bit of money to throw around is to get THE FUCK OUT of the 'hood and move in next door to the :jew: or Whitey.

U knows it's true.