Electronica

Discussion in 'Jay's Lounge and Cockpit' started by VisKnut, Nov 21, 2012.

1. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,553 / 35 / -103
    Since the Beer Barrel is chalk full of Rawkers, Metalheads, there is only one option for what is, perhaps the only 2 people who enjoy Electro music, myself and Fatale. However, Rustola has been known to "Like" the odd House/Chill toons. House/Electro is fairly White, of course you'll always get your mystery meat, but who hasn't be to a Motorhead gig and seen the token niggers? Having been a drummer for decades, I used to totally detest drum machines, computers, but eh, we all mature musically and why limit yourself?

Here's some that I came across, and prolly have poasted elsewhere on the forum. By all means, feel free to add your Electromusic, and Fatale needs to get Mr. Fatale on here to post up some his mixes. :agree:

Latest Given Reputation Points:
    rust: 5,714 Points Nov 22, 2012
    Edmonds Fitzgerald: 2,552 Points Nov 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
    • Show me your tits Show me your tits x 1
    • List
  2. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,553 / 35 / -103
  3. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,553 / 35 / -103
  4. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,553 / 35 / -103
  5. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,672 / 29 / -85
    I only listened to the clips in Viscop's OP, but they pretty much reinforced why I avoid this kind of music like the plague.

* In the first place, it's basically disco with big fake plastic tits

* Also, I cannot shake the feeling that the bass and drum programming is intended to be be felt like a throb in the balls, acting as a kind of dog-whistle for homosexuals. In short, this is music to take it up the ass to.

Unless you're a chick, in which case it's the soundtrack for saying oh, alright already, and fucking your first nigger. Sure, you'll never scrub the awful sense-memory of that swollen turd-with-piss-slit from your palate or your pudendum - sorry, dear, I'm afraid they don't make water hot enough - but hey, at least you spruced up your resume!
    Albert Dryhump: 3 Points (I concur.) Nov 24, 2012
    rust: 5,766 Points (I laughed! Also know that I'm now sorta scared to click on some of the links in this thread. Uh, thanks. And wait, do these electronica tunes come with fortune-telling, no-pest detector strips for the women?) Nov 28, 2012
    • Post of the Day Post of the Day x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Ozzy Bon Halen LOLworthy Threadmonkey & Critic Of Texas Dentistry

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +9,649 / 16 / -26

VisCOP: 4,303 Points (Didn't know anyone else listened to Neon Indian.) Nov 24, 2012
  7. Ozzy Bon Halen LOLworthy Threadmonkey & Critic Of Texas Dentistry

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +9,649 / 16 / -26
  8. Ozzy Bon Halen LOLworthy Threadmonkey & Critic Of Texas Dentistry

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +9,649 / 16 / -26
  9. Ozzy Bon Halen LOLworthy Threadmonkey & Critic Of Texas Dentistry

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +9,649 / 16 / -26
    One of my favorite videos of all time, the song is mediocre; but the video kicks ass.

More hot chicks in videos PLZ

Angroid: 1,175 Points (That Fedde video was a classic) Nov 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,553 / 35 / -103
  11. O'Zebedee Creator of Family Circus

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +482 / 5 / -4
    I don't mind house music in context (though I couldn't name a tune), and I actually like one of those Calabria remixes, but for me electro means stuff like this:

12. rust Idiocracy was not meant to be a how-to video

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,888 / 45 / -23
    I laughed, but at the same time am now also askeered to click on any YouTubes in this thread as mentioned earlier in rep! Thanks a bunch for the detailed explanation, IR.

In your opinion, does this Electronica stuff just need to come with a preemptive no-pest warning strip for any females that dare to listen to it too awfully much?
  13. rust Idiocracy was not meant to be a how-to video

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,888 / 45 / -23
    Kinda like this one -- H/T to Vis. A couple of tunes from Salmonella Dub come to mind - if I think of which ones, I'll post them.

VisCOP: 4,404 Points (Excellent tune. I find it best to spin a joint up, turn this to 11 and groove.) Nov 28, 2012
  14. contramundum Bar Regular

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +214 / 1 / -10
  15. rust Idiocracy was not meant to be a how-to video

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,888 / 45 / -23
    Reggae electronica? Not too familiar with this genre.
  16. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,672 / 29 / -85
    I wish I could answer that question, but in order for me to give you an authoritative reply I'd have to protect my orientational integrity with - a specific, um, product. I can't say for sure that nobody manufactures it; I just haven't worked up the nerve to approach the sales counter at Macy's to inquire "Yes, I'd like some earmuffs for my balls, please?"

Now it so happens that I've been working on a pest-strip that detects presence of Negro in vaginal tissue for a few years now, but the idea is to market them to men: nervous bridegrooms, long-haul truckers, race traitors experiencing second thoughts, and - naturally - active-duty members of the Armed Forces. (We were going to add Merchant Marine lifers to the list, but who'd buy a product to tell them what they already know?)
    rust: 5,790 Points (haha! mission accomplished - just seeing if I could get you to expand upon your pest-strip ideas in this here thread ;-)) Nov 28, 2012
  17. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,553 / 35 / -103
    Dubstep is chaotic, but has more deep driving bass (referred to as Bass Drops). Dubstep is really popular right now. I hate Dubstep, personally, acts like Skrillex spring to mind. This video sounds like a mix of Lite-Dubstep and Deep/Chill House. If you search around on Youtube, you'll be surprised to find bands that actually play material like this live.

This is Dubstep, I suppose:

I know, fucking horrible.

There have so many genre's that came out of the 80's UK House era. Such as Bass & Drums, Niche, Dubstep, Trance, Jungle, Progressive House, Chill/Deep House. The list is endless, really.

Juspio is something I stumbled onto recently, pretty catchy. That type of Chill House I listen to for unwinding, or for background ambience.

Mrs VisCOP calls this style "Come Down Music". :agree:

Not too much talent is really needed, as this young Asian points out. A few years of Piano playing, and basic drumming is needed and you can remix anything.
    rust: 5,790 Points Nov 28, 2012
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. rust Idiocracy was not meant to be a how-to video

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +3,888 / 45 / -23
    ^ Thanks for the explanation, Vis. Say, is there such a thing as ... wait for it, you knew I was going to ask this eventually -- Prog electronica? You posted the Phil Collins mix above, although I wouldn't really consider post-Peter Gabriel Genesis to be prog.

Anything out there like that, though?
  19. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,553 / 35 / -103
    Yeah. I've came across loads of electro remixes of old 70's stuff. One artist, Nicolas Jarr, remixes a lot of old 60's -70's rock stuff, but you really have to search through his 700 hours worth of Youtube material to pick it out.

I found these after a quick search.
    rust: 5,799 Points Nov 29, 2012
  20. il ragno Proud American Deplorable

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8,672 / 29 / -85
    Yeah sure. If you think about it the Ozric Tentacles have been moving in that direction their entire career, and in their wake a lot of modern psych/prog has absorbed electronica influences. Ozric-ish bands like Melting Euphoria, Dead Flowers, Tribe of Cro, Mandragora, Farflung, Ship of Fools, Magic Mushroom Band, Omnia Opera, Colorstar, Anubian Lights.....it's a long list.

Porcupine Tree certainly have dabbled in this, especially early on, and more recently, Brits Pure Reason Revolution actually made some (brief) chart noise. But though there is a dividing line, it's eyelash-thin and often ceases to exist ......it's very much a your-mileage-may-vary sub-subgenre.

It helps if you consider club-style 'electronica' the perhaps-inevitably dumbed-down stepchild of spacerock, Kraut rock, Sun Ra-type fusion.....basically anything trippy and celestial that could be simplified and nigrafied by muting the truly cool aspects of the music while amping up the rhythm section to the point where the lava-lamped sense of transcendent splendor, and vistas widening to Cinemascope proportions........ harshly morph into bathtub Ecstasy, amyl nitrate empties littering the men's room floor, and some friggin' rail-thin, half-naked faggot in leather SS cap and manthong periodically blowing a whistle while roller-skating figure-8s on the dance floor.

The complete album, and a stunner!
    rust: 5,799 Points Nov 29, 2012
    VisCOP: 4,427 Points (Nice stuff.) Nov 29, 2012