Dr. Phil accused of giving booze/drugs to addicts before they appear on his show

Discussion in 'Hot off the Wire' started by Ozzy Bon Halen, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Ozzy Bon Halen LOLworthy Threadmonkey & Critic Of Texas Dentistry

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +10,262 / 16 / -26

https://www.statnews.com/2017/12/28/dr-phil-addiction/
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. WFHermans Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,093 / 9 / -0
    "Y'all" that ever had the misfortune of watching one of his shows (I was one of them, it traumatized me for life) should know "Dr." Phil is a fraud that is not allowed to practice medicine, and never has been. The jews that write his scripts and control the medical industry somewhow allow him to get away with illegally treating patients, because they claim the Phil shill is "entertaining" them.

The last show I watched of him was about "the most hated person in America". That person was (according to the Phil shill's scriptwriters) George Zimmerman.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,741 / 115 / -38
    Assumed as much, I don't/didn't watch the talk show circuit.

A friend recently was an audience member on Dr. Phil's
    On TV at home, he appears fit and tall, but she said he was a fraigle old man, in person.
    • List
  4. Neil Pye Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +1,521 / 2 / -3
  5. Giada MAGA

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,741 / 115 / -38
    I'm not going to start watching now. lol.
  6. LastChanceArmada Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +879 / 0 / -1
    I hate to admit it, but a while back I got sucked into this show (I had a week or so of "pure unemployed downtime" with no interruptions that I sagaciously put to use watching several hours' worth of YouTube garbage every day.) Thankfully, they no longer post the full episodes on YouTube, and I've wisely cut my cable TV many many years ago, so my exposure to it now is just limited blurbs (but you can of course get the gist of the whole episode from a couple of 2-3 minute snippets.)

The show is basically Jerry Springer meets "Oprah-esque tough-love" pop-psychology. What just completely gets me is how completely and totally fucked up these people are. The show was just like the wreckage of two 200-mph bullet trains doing a head-on collision for me, a sort of giant flaming Hindenberg where I just couldn't look away, although luckily it burned itself out very quickly. The implications are really too depressing for even someone like myself (largely numb to the malaise at this point, but still shocked -- try taking a good five years or so off from the cultural zeitgeist, come back to it, and you realize just what a total flaming cesspool it is.)

Here's what really struck me after watching several shows. There's basically just about four or five recurring themes (see below). The overarching theme seems to me to be people doing really dumb, retarded shit on social media (social media idiocy is the main component of, or at the least a very strong accessory to, about 2/3 of these cases -- and of course if you factor in the regular old media's role in this -- namely presenting the "Hollywood hip hop life of bling, bitches, and Bentleys" as some sort of ideal that all of these impressionable suburban white kids aspire to -- you probably are running up to something like 90% of this silliness being due to some sort of media influence.

"Sexy Vegan" -- i.e., "dumb overly impressionable white kid with mental illness thinking he wants to live some sort of "Hollywood lifestyle"

Dumb white kids thinking they want to be rappers:

Sad old lonely white women getting scammed by Africoons:

Families on drugs:

...you get the idea.

Anyway, it's not pretty, but it seems to serve as radicalization material pretty well. Like the late Dr. Pierce said, "we're not voting our way out of this one."
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    rasputin: 99,134 Points (just fly out and back the US to see how fucked up it is) Jan 7, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. LastChanceArmada Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +879 / 0 / -1
    Just had to add this one: man-child par extraordinaire wants to be famous but apparently missed the memo that would generally imply playing a style of music that didn't become passe during the first Bush administration.

Neil Pye: 34,526 Points (H.W. or W.?) Jan 9, 2018
  8. Bluto Drunken lout

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +17,829 / 68 / -168
    Jus' a reminder-
    [IMG]
    Doctor Phil was brought to John & Juan Q. Public by Oprah.
    [IMG]
    #Oprahknew
    Neil Pye: 34,526 Points ("Pimpin' ain't easy, yo!" - Oprah.) Jan 9, 2018
    Giada: 132,834 Points Jan 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List