Coincidence?

Discussion in 'Jewlag' started by Mikemikev, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Fitz: 24,292 Points Jul 20, 2015
    VisKnut: -16,832 Points (Take a nap, Inspector Crud) Jul 23, 2015
    Bluto: -60,802 Points Aug 1, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,097 / 36 / -84
    You really need a hobby, Mike. Knitting or crocheting would be a good one for you. You could make one of those really thick sweaters that keep people your size from shivering like a chihuahua caught in a November thunderstorm. Plus you already nailed the haggard, nearsighted, angry granny squint.
    Giada: 21,047 Points (He's right, tho.) Jul 19, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    In fact making outdoor equipment is one of my hobbies. I've made my own silnylon and used this among other materials to produce various pieces of ultralight multifunctional equipment, which I then use to cross mountains, another of my many hobbies. Doubtless the only area you cross is the road between your seedy guido apartment and the gym where you inflate yourself to an ever more classic example of a sedentary urban moron. Why would you assume things about people you don't know on the internet, and then attack them based on that? Because you have a medicated personality disorder?
    VisKnut: -16,832 Points (sticknigger came out from his rock, covered in Appy's jizz. Ya fekkin' faggit.) Jul 22, 2015
  4. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,097 / 36 / -84
    I'll have you know that my personality disorder is unmedicated.

In the past year I've backpacked 2 of the nation's most difficult trails, and racked up another easy 4 or 5 hundred miles on lesser hills. I don't know where you get the idea that you're doing anything special by "crossing mountains".

What's with you snobby trail queens and your fancy sylnylon and aramid crap? I bet you have a couple of those little fairy wands for people who are afraid to get their hands dirty with an actual wooden walking stick. And crampons. You guys break out the fucking crampons after the first tiny snow flurry in late November. A fucking portable cappuccino maker, and no, I am not making that up. It weighs at least 3 fucking pounds.

But you get the point. Unless you're lead climbing, which I know you aren't because it takes upper body strength, all that Campmor and LL Bean shit is for pussies and faggots. There's no sensible reason for getting all queered out in special gear.

I did Devil's Path last year wearing nothing but basketball shorts and my toe shoes. My pack weighed about 15 pounds, including a jug of whey protein. Mike, I gotta tell ya; carrying a spear and a machete is a lot more satisfying than knowing that I knitted my own sylnylon scarf.
  5. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    It's silnylon retard. I really couldn't give a shit how you go about your business with your "wooden stick and shorts". So fucking interesting. I'd like to see you out here in winter or a monsoon. Tell the army not to use silnylon and aramid. Who said anything about "Campmor and LL Bean"? I don't even know what that is. I told you I make my own gear. Fuckwit. I just made a thread with some minor point I noticed and you have to go off on some random bullshit. You mental case.

As for hobbies:
    VisKnut: -16,832 Points Jul 23, 2015
  6. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    And why would anyone in their right mind, which excuses you, carry "whey protein" on a hike?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation
    VisKnut: -16,832 Points (Put yer money on the table and drive yourself off the lot. Same schoolboy games got you into this mess.) Jul 29, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Mandalore in recovery from sobriety

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +5,097 / 36 / -84
    When did I ever claim to be in my right mind, pecker-neck? If you had a thorough understanding of human physiology and metabolism, you would know that no freeze dried meals, MREs or cans of SPAM will provide enough amino acids to prevent catabolism of muscle tissue.

Now, I understand that not everyone feels compelled to have the strength of 2 or 3 average men. That being said, since you are allegedly some sort of endurance athlete, you really ought to do a little research. Even if your idea of pushing your physical limits only consists of doing a 5k, I'd be willing to bet that tweaking your diet would bring a significant increase in performance and recovery.

You can make all the stupid meathead cracks you want; I'm not exactly sensitive about being an Aryan war beast. But unlike you, I did kinda, you know... get a formal education in these things.

I'll give credit where credit is due, though. DIY silnylon actually sounds like a damn useful thing to have. I don't have the time or patience to painstakingly stich together pieces of fabric, but a brush-on waterproofing could have plenty of potential applications when the shit inevitably hits the proverbial fan. I may just have to trade in the tarp I use as a tent for ultralight backpacking in favor of something that doesn't look and sound like a garbage bag.

Tell me; how does silnylon clothing feel in temperate weather conditions? I'm assuming that it traps sweat and condensation pretty bad. Normal rain gear is like a sauna suit if the temp is anything over 50°.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  8. VisKnut Abyss

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +4,494 / 33 / -102
    Mike and his Lycra fetish. :disagree:
  9. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    LMAO
    VisKnut: -16,908 Points (lmfwpao) Jul 30, 2015
    • Big Chimpin' Big Chimpin' x 2
    • List
  10. Angroid CyberSperg 1138

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +7,800 / 28 / -46
    so what are dem silnylon characteristics?
    Giada: 21,325 Points (Your first signature link doesn't work "Not Found The requested document was not found on this server. Web Server at thewhitenetwork.com") Jul 30, 2015
  11. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    Mix up some common silicone sealant and white spirit about 1:5 by volume (you need to mix the shit out of it until it's homogeneous) paint it onto some lightweight nylon, or shake it all together in a large sealed container and let it dry, then you'll see the characteristics yourself, nigga.
    VisKnut: -16,999 Points Jul 31, 2015
    Angroid: 32,627 Points (-shit! thanks for the info. Perhaps I'll sniff some while I'm at it) Aug 1, 2015
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Gay Post Gay Post x 1
    • List
  12. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    I'm not talking about temperate weather conditions, I'm talking about 100% humidity. Tropical weather conditions. Goretex is useless, there is no humidity differential to pull the vapour to one side. I wore goretex in summer in Hong Kong and was soaked through with my own sweat in 10 minutes. (during a category 8 cyclone where the only people you see are police wearing riot helmets). That's not a problem in HK with the hot nights but in Korea you need to think more because of the hot days and cold nights. A poncho allows air to circulate and is that best option. And in tropical conditions the wet/dry kit is standard. Wet for moving, you are going to be wet, and dry for sleeping.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Big Chimpin' Big Chimpin' x 1
    • List
  13. Mikemikev Forum Veteran

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +659 / 256 / -575
    Actually I can pull my own body weight very easily, when I'm not covering 50km dressed in military nomex.
    VisKnut: -18,046 Points (Faggit) Aug 18, 2015