Blackamoors in Buckingham

Discussion in 'The English Disease' started by Georg Schoenerer, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Georg Schoenerer Der Judenkenner

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +2,016 / 3 / -43
    Princess Michael Of Kent Wore A Racially Insensitive Brooch To Meet Meghan Markle

When Meghan Markle attended the Queen's Christmas luncheon yesterday at Buckingham Palace, she joined about 50 members of the royal family at the gathering, from Prince William and Kate Middleton, to Prince Harry's cousins Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice. And while the former actress mingled with extended members of her fiancé's family, not all first impressions were pleasant.

Princess Michael of Kent—wife of Prince Michael of Kent, Queen Elizabeth II's first cousin—was spotted wearing a racially offensive brooch on her coat while arriving to the palace with her husband. The accessory is a piece of blackamoor jewelry, which fetishize images of slavery.
    [IMG]
    Twitter users were having none of it, with people accusing Princess Michael of Kent of everything from rudeness to racism.

The blackamoor motif is an artistic response to the European encounters with the moors, who are "dark-skinned Muslims from North Africa and the Middle East who came to occupy various parts of Europe during the Middle Ages," according to New York University.

The issue with these pieces of art, especially used in the form of decoration, is how these pieces often depict "positions of servitude" and "personify fantasies of racial conquest," New York University notes.
    This isn't the first time Princess Michael of Kent was accused of racial insensitivity, either.

In 2004, the Princess allegedly told a group of black customers at a restaurant in New York City to "go back to the colonies," after growing fed up with their noise level.

"I even pretended years ago to be an African, a half-caste African, but because of my light eyes I did not get away with it, but I dyed my hair black," Princess Michael of Kent said at the time.

"I travelled on African buses ... I wanted experiences from Cape Town to right up in northern Mozambique. I had this adventure with these absolutely adorable, special people and to call me racist: it's a knife through the heart because I really love these people," she continued.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/12/22/princess-michael-wears-blackamoor-jewelry_a_23315264/
    Latest Given Reputation Points:
    Giada: 131,652 Points (Hail Princess Michael of Kent.) Dec 24, 2017
    Bluto: 268,168 Points Feb 5, 2018
    Ozzy Bon Halen: 171,726 Points Feb 13, 2018 at 2:03 AM
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Georg Schoenerer Der Judenkenner

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +2,016 / 3 / -43
    'Meghan's seed will taint our Royal Family': UKIP chief's glamour model lover, 25, is suspended from the party over racist texts about Prince Harry's wife-to-be.

[IMG]
    Scandal-hit Ukip leader Henry Bolton has been plunged into a fresh crisis after it was revealed that his glamour model girlfriend Jo Marney made racist remarks about Meghan Markle.

In Ms Marney’s messages, which she sent to a male friend just three weeks before starting her relationship with Mr Bolton, she sneers at Harry’s engagement to Los Angeles-born Markle

[IMG]

How is it that these text messages are instantly up on The Daily Mail anytime anyone breathes anything remotely way-ciss?

And always accompanied by the most salacious photos extant of the transgressor?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    would...in a Hampstead minute.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irlfriends-racist-Meghan-Markle-messages.html

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...er-reported-racist-meghan-markle-remarks.html
    Neil Pye: 36,064 Points (7.5/would bang/condom yes.) Feb 12, 2018
    Ozzy Bon Halen: 171,726 Points Feb 13, 2018 at 2:03 AM
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Bluto Drunken lout

Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +18,008 / 68 / -168
    [IMG]
    Georg Schoenerer: 55,903 Points (Cor, it's jes' the tannin' booth old man) Feb 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List